• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you REALLY hate the "enemy"?

booradley

Reaction score
Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, Coach K, Jim Boeheim, Bob Huggins, John Calipari ... as much as I love to "hate" them in a rivalry sense, I love them for giving college hoops much-needed personality and face recognition. And - let's be honest - for all my emotional "booing" in their general direction, I'd wet my pants if any of them decided to take over Wake's program.

So, what about you? Are there any coaches out there you REALLY can't stand, no matter what? Even if they were rumored to take the Wake job?

P.S. Buzz is doing fine. That's not the angle here...

I would certainly not be happy about Calipari or Roy Williams taking over our program.

Also, kind of weird to include Bob Huggins in that list. KA, that you?

I have a hard time believing you. Any one of those names would bring a tremendous amount of energy and attention to our our bb program. And Roy Williams? SERIOUSLY???? You got a problem with NCs?

I have a hard time believing you. Any one of those names would bring a tremendous amount of energy and attention to our our bb program. And Roy Williams? SERIOUSLY???? You got a problem with NCs?

Roy can't win NC's unless he's coaching at UNC-CH.

You would have to cross your fingers that Cal could win a NC before the sanctions hit.

If we somehow got a clean Calipari, then yes, I would take him. But that's just not the case.

And would I have wanted Roy for Wake 10 years ago? That's a different question. Getting him now? No thanks.

"Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, Coach K, Jim Boeheim, Bob Huggins, John Calipari"

I hate all six of them. Well I really only started truly disliking Boeheim recently because of the whole Bernie Fine fiasco.

I don't hate any of them. But I wouldn't want anyone that I thought was a cheater coaching Wake.

Would not want Roy. I have lost a lot of respect for him since he returned. Seemed to be a much better guy at Kansas. He is not as clever as he seems to think he is. Too impressed with his own Roy Boy routine now ...

Cal is a very good coach, but way too sleazy.

Pitino and Boehiem are very good too. Huggy bear, not so much.

K is a great coach. Period.

I used to hate K but have come to really respect him. Makes it harder to hate Duke, even with douchebags like Austin Rivers. Agree on Huggybear and Cal. I would feel bad winning with them at the helm at Wake.

Back