• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sooo Alabama Basketball is #12? (Anthony Grant)

Again, not a case of armchair QBing since pretty much everyone agreed he would have been a good hire.

Blah. He'd look good in black and gold.

Yeah that team is for real and Anthony Grant is the best up and coming coach in the country IMO (sorry Shaka)

hold your breath. They are down 7 at halftime. 23-16. Now that's a low scoring game

Georgetown wins at the buzzer. Fun fact: Markel Starks was all about Wake Forest until we took a verbal from TC. He's having a pretty good sophomore year, but nothing spectacular.

Good game. Impressive comeback with a little over 2 mins left by Bama and then a sick shot by Thompson there at the end.

I doubt Grant would have come here even if we pursued him (which we may have, who knows). He was at the top of my personal list, but I doubt he would have left Alabama.

Bama played a tough second half. Great ball movement and zone penetration. Really good zone-breaking offense. Tough loss but I still think they're a good team and can make a run in the tourney.

I'm talking about when Gaudio was hired coming off of the Maynor beating Duke team, though he may not have left VCU after one year, and Wake may have wanted to hire someone with more than a year of HC experience.

Bama played a tough second half. Great ball movement and zone penetration. Really good zone-breaking offense. Tough loss but I still think they're a good team and can make a run in the tourney.

D is consistently strong, but the O goes to sleep in stretches. I think they'll compete for 2nd/3rd in the SEC this year though.

Georgetown is also apparently a lot better than people were expecting this year, beating Memphis and Alabama already and sticking with KU.

I'm talking about when Gaudio was hired coming off of the Maynor beating Duke team, though he may not have left VCU after one year, and Wake may have wanted to hire someone with more than a year of HC experience.

Yea, but Wellman's hands were tied.

Yea, but Wellman's hands were tied.

I agree that it was an awful decision he had to make, I just can't help but drool thinking about Grant @ Wake. His teams play hard, play with fundamentals, and he recruits well.

Back