• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much worse will it get?

Stan Gable

Reaction score
Spent the afternoon watching both the UNC vs Kentucky game and the Wake vs Richmond game. One game makes the other look like rec ball. It's not even close. Every second I continue to watch gives me material of how god fucking awful we are. Please make it stop Ron. You're fucking killing my love of Wake basketball.

What hurts the most is that when we are this bad- I could give 2 shits about college basketball in general. I've lost my appetite for college basketball in the past 2 years. I couldn't tell you who is the Top 25 this year other than usual suspects (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.).

What hurts the most is that when we are this bad- I could give 2 shits about college basketball in general. I've lost my appetite for college basketball in the past 2 years. I couldn't tell you who is the Top 25 this year other than usual suspects (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.).

+1

agreed

i've gone back to the nba

So have all of the donors.. Did you notice how many of the first 10 rows were empty? Those are some big $$ seats.

I was going to say that even the most ardent anti-[Redacted] poster would likely admit that we have already seen the "worst" of Wake Forest basketball and that it's unlikely we'll see anything as bad as last season. But that might just give too much credit to the most ardent anti-[Redacted] poster, so I won't say that.

I was going to say that even the most ardent anti-[Redacted] poster would likely admit that we have already seen the "worst" of Wake Forest basketball and that it's unlikely we'll see anything as bad as last season. But that might just give too much credit to the most ardent anti-[Redacted] poster, so I won't say that.

i would say two to three seasons of finishing last/second last in the ACC is worse than just one season of Bz

Yes, it is all the Buzz-outers fault. Good call, Say Hey.

Blame the people that refuse to put up with this shit.

Prior to hiring [Redacted], did the Richmond coach adamantly withdraw his name from consideration?

What's sad is we're entering a new Staak era. That means we're generating fans who are tolerant of poor basketball as long as it's not as bad as it was when they were in school. 10 years from now when a team fails to make the NCAA Tournament, some 2011 grad is going to post, "Well back in the Bz era, we didn't even win 12 games, so you all need to stop complaining".

Richmond is no Stetson. However, an ACC team should be able to get past an A-10 team on their own court in December. Very early season, I'll excuse a slip-up. Not now.

I'm trying to figure out where I assigned "fault" to anyone. I actually have no idea what your post means.

We could always lose to High Point. That would be pretty bad. But overall this season will not be as bad as the previous one.

Yeah dumb thread, we were a historically bad ACC team last year. It can't get much worse than that.

What's sad is we're entering a new Staak era. That means we're generating fans who are tolerant of poor basketball as long as it's not as bad as it was when they were in school. 10 years from now when a team fails to make the NCAA Tournament, some 2011 grad is going to post, "Well back in the Bz era, we didn't even win 12 games, so you all need to stop complaining".

This is so true.

We could always lose to High Point. That would be pretty bad. But overall this season will not be as bad as the previous one.

Through 8 Games

2010: 5-3
Points for: 606
Points against: 584
+/-: +22
RPI of wins: 153, 269, 305, 185, 285
Against top-150: 0-1

2011:
5-3
Points for: 568
Points against: 562
+/-: +6
RPI of wins: 159, 304, 270, 161, 153
Against top-150: 0-2

I vow right now not to be that guy.

Back