• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I suggest TC and Fields should swap roles. RJ throws a hissy fit.

WakeFanatic

Reaction score
I don't think this needs much explanation. Dude just looks lost out there and makes boneheaded play after boneheaded play. Fields came in and ran the offense nicely and got us back in the game. I see no reason why the two shouldn't swap roles.

He is not good but to have a call out thread for him is not right. If anyone should hit the pine it is that smelly dude from belarus.

Love Fields. He's an important part of our future.

He is not good but to have a call out thread for him is not right. If anyone should hit the pine it is that smelly dude from belarus.

I knew I would take flak for the call-out but I feel it needs to be pointed out. TC should be playing about 10 minutes per game max.

Both are terrible. But Nikita is still probably better than Green -- with Chennault at least we've got alternatives.

Said it once already, FIELDS should start at PG. No question about it.

No need for this type of thread.

I feel like Nikita's awfulness is well documented, and we have no alternative with him (until Ty comes back... maybe) but TC is just not good. No sugarcoating that, and Fields looks at least competent out there running the offense.

He'll be the fourth best PG on our team next year.

Disagree. We'll see. I think he's special. Needs work in several areas but he has potential simply because of speed and vision.

Fields should definitely be seeing more of Chennault's playing time.

I thought Fields' D on their point guard when he came in around the 12 minute mark of the second half was one of the major reasons we got a little comeback run.

TC didn't even play the 1 in HS, so at least I had some pretty serious doubts that he could suddenly play the 1 for Wake.

I thought Fields' D on their point guard when he came in around the 12 minute mark of the second half was one of the major reasons we got a little comeback run.

QFT

I agree that Fields' D was the reason for the run, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they're both lousy point guards.

I don't think that we'll improve much with Fields at the helm, to be honest, because we trade TC's slashing ability for Fields' vision. In one scenario, the ball at least moves inside. In the other? It's just like last year again: passing around the perimeter into a contested shot or players trying to do too much.

You have to remember both are getting their first college experience and both are coming off injuries. Fields has better pg instincts and skills, but Chenault must be a strong leader. The team voted him as a captain even though he played very little last year. It's a little early to make a call on either. We have to get productive minutes out both this year.

Back