• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mooney for Our Next Coach

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
Mooney always puts a very, very well-coached team on the floor.

And he does not put up with any crap off the court. He recruits well to his system.

And he's relatively young.

The sad thing is that he probably would not see the Wake job as a step up anymore.

What are the terms of Bz's contract?

Mooney always puts a very, very well-coached team on the floor.

And he does not put up with any crap off the court. He recruits well to his system.

And he's relatively young.

The sad thing is that he probably would not see the Wake job as a step up anymore.

Gloom and doom aside, let's be real: Wake is still a great job, probably still in the top half of the ACC despite the drive off the cliff in the past 2 years. Any rational A-10 coach would STRONGLY consider the chance to coach here. The sooner we stop feeling sorry for ourselves and remind ourselves that we do offer a lot to new coach, the sooner we can re-build the program.

Mooney already turned down Georgia Tech and NC State.

Randolph would at least be likeable, but I want a coach with an actual winning resume.. novel idea, I know.

Yes..I desperately wanted Mooney after Dino was fired. I was talking with friends at the game, if you're the Richmond AD how much would Wake have to pay you to just straight up trade Mooney for [Redacted]?

I said 2 mil but I think it may be more than that.

I was also in the Mooney camp when Dino got fired. I am surprised he didn't leave last year when all his seniors graduated after a great season.

Richmond returned 16% of their offensive minutes and is going to be top 60 in KenPom after this one.

I'd love to have Mooney.

Richmond really did a number on us. Impressive coaching job by Mooney. How old is he now?

All of you Bzz'outers will really love Mooney's recruiting record.

I don't think he's ever gotten a 4* prospect. Additionally, his best players have all been NR or 2*. Not a recruit-friendly system, to say the least.

All of you Bzz'outers will really love Mooney's recruiting record.

I don't think he's ever gotten a 4* prospect. Additionally, his best players have all been NR or 2*. Not a recruit-friendly system, to say the least.

Uh, he coaches at Richmond of course he isn't going to be pulling in 4 star recruits. Only a handful of mid-major programs do, and Richmond has never been one of those programs.

His system is also pretty similar to [Redacted]'s from a scheme POV.

Mooney would be a fantastic hire in 3-4 years (or whenever Jeff [Redacted] retires/resigns/is fired) because we run very similar schemes and the recruiting would essentially remain the same.

Uh, he coaches at Richmond of course he isn't going to be pulling in 4 star recruits. Only a handful of mid-major programs do, and Richmond has never been one of those programs.

His system is also pretty similar to [Redacted]'s from a scheme POV.

Give me a break. Lots of mid-majors pull in a 4* prospect every 10 years.

Here's how Richmond stacks up relative to the rest of the A-10

Charlotte had multiple 4* prospects in 2002, but single 4* classes in 2003 and 2007. And they've sucked for awhile.

Dayton in 2002, 2004, 2007, and 2010.

Duquesne went back-to-back in 2006-2007.

Temple in 2002-2003

In 10 years, Xavier has failed to recruit a 4* prospect just twice and one year was a class of 0.

etc. etc. not enough time in life to refute this claim with individual examples...

Back