• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C. State-Louisville to Charlotte?

They will be up against Michigan and K State for an at large slot. Pretty sure Michigan is going to win that battle.

So who are your four at-larges?

Alabama (Obvious)
Stanford (Obvious)
Michigan (Likely)

What is the other? It's not a lock for TCU to move into the top 14, Houston is now out, Boise looks doubtful, Arkansas and South Carolina are out because the SEC is maxed out, Oklahoma likely out of the top 14.

So if TCU doesn't crack the top 14, it seems to me that it comes down to VT and K-State for the last spot, and VT seems like the obvious choice. Am I missing something?

Nope...Mystery is right.

Biggest concern right now is if TCU gets the auto bid (which is around 45-50% imo). IF TCU doesn't get that spot then I think VT does get that BCS bid and gets the ACC to move up a spot.

TCU only has to be top 16, not top 14. They will get it.

TCU only has to be top 16, not top 14. They will get it.

Probably right. It does seem fairly ridiculous that a two-loss Mountain West team could take a spot from a two-loss ACC team (both losses to the ACC champion).

Though I suppose we should really all blame the Big East

Yeah the rule is made in the good-faith assumption that every BCS conference winner will probably be top 15. We can all blame the Big Least for being so mediocre that they punished the ACC.

Guess Alabama-LSU BCSCG would be better for the hopes of VT getting an at-large bid than LSU-Ok State. that way Sugar Bowl has two at-large spots to fill, versus Sugar Bowl with one (can't see them not taking 'Bama) and Fiesta Bowl with one.

I STILL think K-State might be a more attractive choice than VT, but we'll see how it plays out

Guess Alabama-LSU BCSCG would be better for the hopes of VT getting an at-large bid than LSU-Ok State. that way Sugar Bowl has two at-large spots to fill, versus Sugar Bowl with one (can't see them not taking 'Bama) and Fiesta Bowl with one.

I STILL think K-State might be a more attractive choice than VT, but we'll see how it plays out

The only scenario I see where K-State is more attractive is if the Orange Bowl is making the pick. VT has a better fan base and way more tradition than K-State. Sugar should prefer VT to K-State

CBS BCS projections have TCU at 18.

This would mean it is likely between VT and KSU for the Sugar Bowl spot...and is Okie St a possible opponent there?

CBS BCS projections have TCU at 18.

This would mean it is likely between VT and KSU for the Sugar Bowl spot...and is Okie St a possible opponent there?

I'm guessing Okie State faces Stanford in the Fiesta...I think they get the first pick in the at-large.

When is the selection show to solidify bowls?

Back