• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger Beats Johnson

Respect Wood

Reaction score
And it feels so good...
tiger_woods_wins_first_golf_tournament_in_two_years.jpg

Pretty impressive to birdie 17 and 18 to win it. Pretty ridiculous actually.

He's BACK!

I'd say he's very close to being back. All he needs now is a win in a full field event. Still, the way he won was very impressive.

What the heck was this event? The North Korean open? Didn't even know there was golf in December.

He will not dominate the way he did--no one will. So he isn't "back" in that sense.

Agree with LK, Simo and Shorty. It wasn't a major or even a full field, but it was a darn good small field on a course that was giving those guys fits. And he beat out a tough guy in Johnson who also had birdiable putts the last 3 holes. But wouldn't say he's totally back until he starts winning some bigger events. And he'll never dominate the game the way he did because the tour is much deeper and stronger than it was when he was dominating. But it's good to have him back in the mix.

The stinger has returned, which Foley said would be the "last step" in reworking his swing.

And, he made some clutch putts.

Look out.

That pose came from the asian side of his family. The "screeching crane" pose is part of a highly advanced form of martial arts that only a very select few are ever taught or allowed to practice. It is known to cause near toxic levels of testosterone which, according to rumors about the art, must be blown off quite frequently.

The fans cheering when Johnson missed his birdie putt on 18 was pretty lame.

The fans cheering when Johnson missed his birdie putt on 18 was pretty lame.

Yeah, the only time you clap when someone misses a shot is at the Ryder or Presidents Cup. Or maybe when Monty was playing in the US Open, but even then, I would have only rooted for him to miss and not actually clapped.

I just realized the joke in the thread title. :laugh:

Yeah, the only time you clap when someone misses a shot is at the Ryder or Presidents Cup. Or maybe when Monty was playing in the US Open, but even then, I would have only rooted for him to miss and not actually clapped.

There was more than clapping. The crowd definitely got a little hyped that Woods was going to have a putt that won the tournament outright.

Back