• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Payouts

ctdeac13

Reaction score
Here is a link to this years Bowl Pay Out per team. We really need to thank Clemson since our Bowl Pay out increased by $700k by going to the Music City Bowl as opposed to the Independence bowl. I'm the AD's office is happy about this too. Of course the orange bowl would've been a hell of a lot nicer but we only have ourselves to blame for that.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

We also get a ton more money because we split the amount that VT gets for the BCS bid too.

The best thing is that Shreveport is almost a guarantee that the AD department will have to eat some tickets. The conference splits revenues, but they only cover a percentage of the required tickets sales, and a crappy bowl like Shreveport the day after Xmas would have had about 1,000 tickets sold, leaving the school to buy 5K tickets.

That won't happen in Nashville.

Last edited:
We also get a ton more money because we split the amount that VT gets for the BCS bid too.

Yeah, doesn't the conference pool the bowl money and then mete it out equally? Wake going to Nashville is great, but it doesn't make a difference money-wise since an ACC would have taken that slot regardless. The real winner is a 2nd ACC team getting into the BCS.

Yeah, doesn't the conference pool the bowl money and then mete it out equally? Wake going to Nashville is great, but it doesn't make a difference money-wise since an ACC would have taken that slot regardless. The real winner is a 2nd ACC team getting into the BCS.

Split it 11 ways because Miami refused a bowl??? I say yes.

The way the split works out we will end up getting an extra $53,000 from going to the Music City Bowl instead of the Independence Bowl ($700,000/13) and an extra $1,241,000 from in effect subbing in the Sugar Bowl for the Military Bowl ((17,000,000-862,500)/13). The expenses for the Music City Bowl should also be significantly lower I'd imagine.

Split it 11 ways because Miami refused a bowl??? I say yes.

Hmm...that would be interesting. So the bowl participant would get 2/12 of the revenue while everyone else except Miami would get 1/12.

The way the split works out we will end up getting an extra $53,000 from going to the Music City Bowl instead of the Independence Bowl ($700,000/13) and an extra $1,241,000 from in effect subbing in the Sugar Bowl for the Military Bowl ((17,000,000-862,500)/13). The expenses for the Music City Bowl should also be significantly lower I'd imagine.

I imagine the conference will have to pay a fee to the Military Bowl because we did not fufill our end of the contract. We had a bowl eligible team and did not send them.

1/13 of the OB pot + 1/13 of the Sugar Bowl pot = basically the same $ as playing in a BCS game. That is the essence of why everyone wants to be in the SEC, you are guaranteed more monies for everything.

1/13 of the OB pot + 1/13 of the Sugar Bowl pot = basically the same $ as playing in a BCS game. That is the essence of why everyone wants to be in the SEC, you are guaranteed more monies for everything.

Good point, but the SEC also gets a lot more TV $$ than the ACC and Big East (have no clue what Big 12 schools make these days).

I imagine the conference will have to pay a fee to the Military Bowl because we did not fufill our end of the contract. We had a bowl eligible team and did not send them.

That very well could be, I don't know.

Regardless, Wake is up in a big way because of this.

If they aren't getting a bowl revenue distribution then that's the effect.

That should be enough money to finally hire an offensive coordinator.

Back