• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which team will show up in Nashville?

P4nthers11

Reaction score
The Deacs who kicked ass versus FSU or the eacs* who slept-walk through the game versus Vandy?

Discuss

*There was no "D" in that game

Jim Grobe gets teams prepared for bowl games. It's what he does. We will play very well, and I expect a win.

I think it will be a close game. I trust Grobe, he will have the team ready. We have a month to get the offense figured out and im sure we'll throw in a trick play or two like always. Looking forward to a Deac win!

The irony of losing to Vandy and getting a bowl game in Nashville as a reward is not lost on me.

Our history in bowls under Coach Grobe is pretty good. Won the Seattle Bowl in '02 against Oregon, the Charlotte Bowl in '07 against UConn and the DC Bowl in '08 against Navy. Lost the Orange Bowl, of course, but that was more the result of the two fumbles in Louisville territory when we were driving.

I expect we'll play pretty well.

Our history in bowls under Coach Grobe is pretty good. Won the Seattle Bowl in '02 against Oregon, the Charlotte Bowl in '07 against UConn and the DC Bowl in '08 against Navy. Lost the Orange Bowl, of course, but that was more the result of the two fumbles in Louisville territory when we were driving.

I expect we'll play pretty well.

Did you really have to mention that

BELTON WAS DOWN

we will win 27-17. I think we'll control most of the game. Look for Tanner to have an efficint game with our stable of backs picking up right at 4 yds a carry. The defense will hold their own for most of the gsme and give up a late 7 to make the score seem closer.

just my thoughts, i'll be in Nashville, Go Deacs!

Jim Grobe gets teams prepared for bowl games. It's what he does. We will play very well, and I expect a win.

This.

The players use the internet the same as the rest of us. They knew beating Vandy meant nothing in terms of a bowl game. Yeah, they want to win every game, but when you know a game won't change your postseason plans, its very easy for the mind to think "ah fuck this" when you fall behind.

To sum up, we will come to play. Forget Vandy.

Also, if you believe that we are a better team than our record showed, then I think we are playing in the bowl game we deserve. The players will be ready.

A piece of me died when Belton fumbled that ball.

The irony of losing to Vandy and getting a bowl game in Nashville as a reward is not lost on me.

Yeah I have no idea what the Music City Bowl scouts were doing that night but it clearly wasn't watching us. Although I think with the bowls arranged they way they're arranged the ACC as a whole will sell more tickets.

The Deacs who kicked ass versus FSU or the eacs* who slept-walk through the game versus Vandy?

Discuss

*There was no "D" in that game

Yeah, the offense really stole the show against Vandy.

Yahoo Sports says that out of the 35 Bowl games this year the Music City Bowl is the most meaningless.

I defy you to produce anyone, anywhere who wants to see 6-6 Mississippi State square off against 6-6 Wake Forest on Dec. 30, including Mississippi State and Wake Forest fans. The Demon Deacons dropped four of their last five, capped by a 41-7 collapse against Vanderbilt in the season finale; the Bulldogs struggled through a 2-6 disappointment in SEC play and count an overtime escape against Louisiana Tech as their best win of the year. More than any other, this game exists entirely for the sake of its own existence.

Ouch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Bowl-Roll-Call-The-Kraft-Fight-Hunger-Bowl-is-t?urn=ncaaf-wp11095

Back