• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Coaches Poll Ballots

Even Beamer had K-State ahead of Va. Tech. Nice work BCS!

Looks like Pinkle started kissing SEC ass early. This only underscores why the Coaches Poll is just not as reliable as the AP. Granted the AP will be slanted by writers covering their own teams and/or geographic areas but I'm more inclined to trust guys who are actually watching the games and not coaching their own teams or preparing for the next game.

Maybe Saban legitimately thinks Stanford is better than OSU?

I'm surprised that Troy Calhoun even gets a vote, though. Saban is a d**k, but Calhoun voted OSU at #5.

Stewart Mandel of SI has said that most of the AP voters don't get to watch much of the other games, either as they are at games and then working on stories afterward.

The Harris Poll voter, who gets paid to do it, with Houston #5 and OK State #6 is so, so much worse. It's like he just turned in the same ballot from 2 weeks ago. He openly admitted to not doing as much research as he should. Once again, this dumbass is getting paid to be a voter.

Stewart Mandel of SI has said that most of the AP voters don't get to watch much of the other games, either as they are at games and then working on stories afterward.

No doubt. However I do know that reporters get more time than million-dollar a year coaches to read and watch and research. I know that most coaches actually have people who vote for them but there's too much room for self-service and politics in a poll governed by a lot fewer voters than the AP poll. Coaches are more likely to serve themselves and their conferences than writers are.

If you're Saban why wouldn't you just leave OSU off completely, guarantee your team a spot in the NC and then raise enough controversy that they change the measure during the offseason so no one will be able to return the favor

saban didn't do it, and he's smarter than you.

The Okie Stat v. Okie score told me all I need to know.

Stanford had one loss to Oregon, who won the division and the Pac-12. OSU lost to Iowa St. I don't see the travesty here. It would be one thing if he put OSU 20th or something,

Looks like Pinkle started kissing SEC ass early. This only underscores why the Coaches Poll is just not as reliable as the AP. Granted the AP will be slanted by writers covering their own teams and/or geographic areas but I'm more inclined to trust guys who are actually watching the games and not coaching their own teams or preparing for the next game.

Fair point, although I think the AP had Alabama at No. 2 by an even wider margin than the coach's poll. FWIW, if I were voting I'd have put OSU at No. 4 behind Stanford. The love affair with the nations 100th ranked defense is astounding and Stanford lost to a better team.

who is having a "love affair" with okie state's defense?

Fair point, although I think the AP had Alabama at No. 2 by an even wider margin than the coach's poll. FWIW, if I were voting I'd have put OSU at No. 4 behind Stanford. The love affair with the nations 100th ranked defense is astounding and Stanford lost to a better team.

OkState, and I still hate them for Eddie Sutton and Big Biscuit Reeves, defeated more top-25 and more BCS teams than Alabama. Not sure if a "hate fest" is the answer to the perceived love fest.

Bigger question in all of this is why did Troy Calhoun have Arkansas as his #4?

Back