• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Board Heisman Poll

Your Heisman Vote Goes To...

• Trent Richardson, Alabama

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Andrew Luck, Stanford

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Robert Griffin III, Baylor

Votes: 98 64.5%
  • Montee Ball, Wisconsin

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Case Keenum, Houston

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matt Barkley, USC

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Since the real show is Saturday, I figured we'd give a OGB board Heisman...

bzman.jpg

Your candidates...

Trent Richardson, Alabama
1,583 yards rushing
20 TD's rushing
6 YPC
327 yards receiving
3 TD's receiving

Andrew Luck, Stanford
167.5 passer rating
3,170 yards passing
35 TD's passing
9 interceptions
70% completion
153 yards rushing
2 TD's rushing

Robert Griffin, III, Baylor
192.3 passer rating
3,998 yards passing
36 TD's passing
6 interceptions
72.4% completion
644 yards rushing
9 TD's rushing

Monte Ball, Wisconsin
1,759 yards rushing
32 TD's rushing
6.4 YPC
20 catches
255 yards
6 TD's receiving

Case Keenum, Houston
177.9 passer rating
5,099 yards passing
45 TD's passing
5 interceptions
71.7% completion
25 yards rushing
3 TD's rushing

Matt Barkley, USC
161.2 passer rating
3,528 yards passing
39 TD's passing
7 interceptions
69.1% completion
14 yards rushing
2 TD's rushing

Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
71 total tackles
1.5 sacks
2 interceptions
2 defensive TD's
420 punt return yards
2 TD's on punt returns

Last edited:
Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
71 total tackles
1.5 sacks
2 interceptions
2 defensive TD's
420 punt return yards
2 TD's on punt returns

I always pull for the D players. Heisman has become a Most Popular Offensive Player award. Mathieu is a beast.

Voted Ball. Not a big fan of the Big10, but the guy was money this year, over 100 yards of offense in every game and scored at least 2 TDs in every game this year.

I wonder if we are biased towards RGIII because we witnessed his college debut. I know I kinda am.

I'm biased against RGIII after his postgame interview.

I'm also biased towards Montee Ball, because, why not? Dude's numbers are insane.

..and I seriously wonder if that game may have been more competitive had he started it. Seem to remember him moving the ball pretty well against us after he took over in that game.

Richardson or RGIII

He seems to think so as well. After the Texas game he told a reporter that "it looks like Baylor just won their first Heisman trophy."

Apparently, this was in response to Texas talking crap.

StiffArmTrophy.com has 59 ballots and 132 votes as of right now from official voters. Those results are:

1. Griffin (132 total points, 38 first place votes)
2. Luck (50 total points, 5 firsts)
3. Richardson (41 points, 7 firsts)
4. Mathieu (20 points, 1 first)
5. Ball (15 points, 1 first)

Compared to our initial numbers, Griffin is extending his lead - though that's inflated a bit by the large number of voters who have declared a #1 vote, but not their #2 and #3 vote. We're working on tracking those down from those voters.

The voter deadline is 5 p.m. Eastern today, and finalists will be announced shortly thereafter. Lots of numbers yet to come. Last year, when the outcome was fairly obvious, we had 217 ballots tracked. In 2009, when it was the closest vote ever, we tracked down 313. Expect closer to the latter this year.
http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

Why Richardson over Ball? Because of one crazy play against sisters of the poor Ole Miss?

Because he's the best running back in the country. I think that's enough of a reason.

Because he's the best running back in the country. I think that's enough of a reason.

Definitely debatable. I would take LaMichael James or Montee Ball over Trent Richardson.

RG3 is the best football player in my opinion. Insane QB rating, insane TD to interception ratio, 36 TD passes, 644 yards rushing, 9 rushing TD's. Plus, he plays at a non-power school in what the computers rank (they're wrong) as the best conference. He deserves it I think!

The answer should be Montee Ball or RG3.

If Luck gets more votes than than RG3 it's a fucking joke.

Definitely debatable. I would take LaMichael James or Montee Ball over Trent Richardson.

LaMichael James? Really? Get serious.

With respect to Ball, Richardson if bigger, faster, stronger and more elusive. He's also lost one fumble in his career at Alabama. He's pretty much the perfect RB.

Back