• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

BBDeac

Reaction score
Number is where it was expected to be

UNC is +3 against Mizzou....I'd put a decent chunk of change on Missouri at -3. That line will move.

Miss. St beat the crappy teams in their schedule (best win @Kentucky) and has lost to all the good teams they played (#1 LSU, #2 Bama, #6 Arkansas, #9 South Carolina, # 16 UGA and #25 Auburn).

They lost by a TD to Auburn and only 2 points South Carolina. In their wins, they beat everyone by 12+ points except for an OT win against Louisiana Tech. Though not too relevant, this team was also preseason ranked #20.

This team has a great deal of talent and they really showed up in their last game to become bowl eligible. However, if they get behind early, they rarely come back. If we can prevent them from having a quick start, we might be able to take this game. If not, could be a long day.

Well, I think this will be a case of who is happy to be there? Wake is ECSTATIC to be playing in this game. We are not in Shreveport over Xmas playing in front of nobody. MSU thinks they will walk right over us. The young WF guys are hungry. We win outright. Easy money.

I've watched the DAWGS a lot this year.

The run the ball really well especially with Relf at QB. Ballard and Perkins both can run you over.

They also have two very good corners.

It is going to be important to stand up to them against the run. I hope we unveil our new four man front.

They cannot throw the ball.

Well, I think this will be a case of who is happy to be there? Wake is ECSTATIC to be playing in this game. We are not in Shreveport over Xmas playing in front of nobody. MSU thinks they will walk right over us. The young WF guys are hungry. We win outright. Easy money.

What are you basing this on?

Miss. St beat the crappy teams in their schedule (best win @Kentucky) and has lost to all the good teams they played (#1 LSU, #2 Bama, #6 Arkansas, #9 South Carolina, # 16 UGA and #25 Auburn).They lost by a TD to Auburn and only 2 points South Carolina. In their wins, they beat everyone by 12+ points except for an OT win against Louisiana Tech. Though not too relevant, this team was also preseason ranked #20.

This team has a great deal of talent and they really showed up in their last game to become bowl eligible. However, if they get behind early, they rarely come back. If we can prevent them from having a quick start, we might be able to take this game. If not, could be a long day.
Damn what a tough schedule.

MSU is very physical and will try to run over us on both sides of the ball. If we are not in the game. arm tackle and play and coach passively, we will get hammered. They get us down. they will keep pounding. We can win this game if we want it. Good test.

Yeah the players are pumped as shit

This is good. They need to stay pumped the whole month of December and work their tails off once exams are finished.

A win in Nashville would be a great finish to this season and would be a good launching pad for 2012.

The team should realize by now, that if they play like they're capable of, they can beat almost anyone. (We really coulda/shoulda beat ND and Clemson!!!)

Stay pumped and win!

I like the poster who said Wake cannot hang with a "typical SEC team." 2-6 in conference plays screams middle of the road.

I live in Mississippi....every MState I have talked to about the game thinks they are going to beat us by 30. They all look at the Vanderbilt game, and think that if we can't even compete with Vandy, then we surely aren't going to be able to compete with MState.

The notion that MState fans think they are going to roll over Wake is not a misnomer.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78903/We-should-destroy-Wake-Forest

"We should destroy WF."

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78993/We-open-up-at-7-vs-Wake

Line is too low, load up now before it gets to double digits.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78983/Scoping-the-opposition

They think this board is embarrassing.

Typical SEC garbage. As Mike Tyson so eloquently stated, "Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth." MSU will get punched in the mouth on Dec. 30 and Wake wins outright.

Yeah they are. I talk to a player who was ecstatic. He said they he wouldn't have wanted to go to Shreveport:rulz: but now that we are in Nashville he's pumped. It should be a good game hopefully.

Glad we're going to Nashville, but our guys need to "pride up" and be ready to play hard no matter where or who.

I like the poster who said Wake cannot hang with a "typical SEC team." 2-6 in conference plays screams middle of the road.

We seemed to do pretty well against Ole Miss in 2008 and they were a good SEC team that year.

Back