• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
Seems like CP3 and DHoward are going to be the 'top signings' of the NBA this year. I figure we could have a seperate thread to harness all the rumors out there about where they will go. This morning I heard NY and LA are very interested.

I don't have facts, just wanted to start a thread where we can throw gas on rumor flames...

That being said, I would love it if he went to NY, because then I would get to see him play so much more than I do now.

It's going to have to be a sign-and-trade situation, I think. NBA runs the Hornets and they're going to be wary about pissing off one of their best ambassadors while also being concerned about getting maximum value for a struggling franchise, as David West is a free agent this year.

I would much rather CP3 go to the Knicks than the Lakers. Then D-Ho could join the Clips.

Had an argument with a couple tarhole fans the other day (surprise) regarding CP3 vs Rondo. They were actually trying to tell me that Rondo was better than CP3 and that the Celtics would be remiss in trading him away for CP3. Whatever, tarholes and celtics can both suck it.

Not a Lakers fan, but seeing CP3 with the company of Kobe and possibly Howard going there as well... that isn't even really fair to the rest of the NBA. That team would be flat out unstoppable.

Clippers could also be a very interesting option... CP3 'oop to Blake Griffin? Yes please.

Of course the dream scenario is both Paul and Howard to Charlotte but.. that will never happen :(

As a Kentucky fan with a brain I can tell you that CP3 is on a completely different level than Rondo. Rondo is all athleticism with good court vision, while Paul is a complete player, just as fast, and the absolute best at his position.

Rondo is also a huge jerk, while CP3 is a great guy.

Would love for CP3 to go to Clips, or anywhere where he could win a 'ship. A possibility that isn't being talked about is Howard staying in Orlando and bringing in Chris. Would be interesting. Regardless, I just want him to go somewhere where he will compete for titles

Would love for CP3 to go to Clips, or anywhere where he could win a 'ship. A possibility that isn't being talked about is Howard staying in Orlando and bringing in Chris. Would be interesting. Regardless, I just want him to go somewhere where he will compete for titles

Yes please.

CP3, what a sell out, should have stayed in school instead of wrecking our program single handedly

Honestly any team in which Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are on the same team will compete for a title. Fill the rest of the team with shooters and be done with it. I'd buy any jersey tomorrow that landed both, even the Lakers, although I'd probably have to warm up to the idea of being a Celtics fan.

CP3 and Dwight Howard were born to play basketball together. I'm pretty much convinced of that fact.

CP3, what a sell out, should have stayed in school instead of wrecking our program single handedly

Holy hell, you're a roll...your last 5-10 posts are possibly some of the worst I've encountered. Congrats! Please be a bad attempt at a parody!!

As a Kentucky fan with a brain I can tell you that CP3 is on a completely different level than Rondo. Rondo is all athleticism with good court vision, while Paul is a complete player, just as fast, and the absolute best at his position.

Rondo is also a huge jerk, while CP3 is a great guy.

Yeah, but he's Boston's jerk and they like him. I can't see that trade happening.

Honestly any team in which Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are on the same team will compete for a title. Fill the rest of the team with shooters and be done with it. I'd buy any jersey tomorrow that landed both, even the Lakers, although I'd probably have to warm up to the idea of being a Celtics fan.

This is kind of what turns me off about the NBA. No offense to you, wolf, you are not alone.

I really hope he goes to the Clippers. CP3 and Blake playing together would make the Clippers my official NBA team.

As much as I try to like the Bobcats I just can't. Plus I have a really good friend who is a diehard Lakers fan (his mom's family is from LA) and I would love to root against him.

Last edited:
Holy hell, you're a roll...your last 5-10 posts are possibly some of the worst I've encountered. Congrats! Please be a bad attempt at a parody!!

WTH is your problem man! Give me one shred of evidence that my post is false

WTH is your problem man! Give me one shred of evidence that my post is false

1) "what a sell out" CP3 absolutely loves Wake Forest and Winston-Salem. He comes back every year to Winston to raise money and brings tons of NBA players with him. He is the ultimate hometown kid who hasn't forgotten where he comes from. He's been back to Wake more than any recent player I can remember.

2) "should have stayed in school" His career in the NBA pretty much speaks for itself. He left when he should have and it's been gravy ever since.

3) "wrecking our program single handedly" No need for me to respond to this one. The onus is on you to support something to preposterous.

1) "what a sell out" CP3 absolutely loves Wake Forest and Winston-Salem. He comes back every year to Winston to raise money and brings tons of NBA players with him. He is the ultimate hometown kid who hasn't forgotten where he comes from. He's been back to Wake more than any recent player I can remember.

2) "should have stayed in school" His career in the NBA pretty much speaks for itself. He left when he should have and it's been gravy ever since.

3) "wrecking our program single handedly" No need for me to respond to this one. The onus is on you to support something to preposterous.

I seriously thought this was common knowledge. He went for the money instead of helping his team.

CP3 to Orlando would be fantastic. Even better if somehow Reddick was included in the trade, as a role player obviously. Just hate the thoughts of CP being on the same team with that douche. Send him packin to NO.

I seriously thought this was common knowledge. He went for the money instead of helping his team.

You do realize that exceptional high school basketball players go to college with the intent of making it to the NBA, right?

Back