• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jeff [Redacted] Show

Wonder if they can make him hear himself over a delay again like at his first soccer game so he can't figure out how to speak correctly.

One of the high-lights/low-lights of my WFU career so far.

Huge facepalm

Wonder if they can make him hear himself over a delay again like at his first soccer game so he can't figure out how to speak correctly.

One of the high-lights/low-lights of my WFU career so far.

Huge facepalm

If he hears himself, how will he stay awake for the whole hour?

Didn't want to start a new thread; but has this already been discussed:

-----

A distressing hunch that was born a day earlier proceeded to unfold in the Demon Deacons’ 70-62 loss to the Spiders on Saturday afternoon at Joel Coliseum.
“You’re going to play like you practice,” [Redacted] said. “I could see this coming because of what I didn’t see from these guys.”

-----

So to clarify... Bz seemingly boasts that he "could see this coming" & unloads all responsibility on the players (and does so even more harshly later in the interview : “I think that’s a testimony to our lack of aggressiveness, right out of the gate we were just kind of standing.”)

I'm sorry; but this crap doesn't fly with me. You're the coach (getting paid a 7-figure salary to do your job)... If your players aren't motivated on the practice-court; that falls in your lap on game-day.

If the players were 'just kind of standing' ('right out of the gate') and you had the foresight to know this loss was coming because of the player's lack of aggressiveness (which you had seen in practice the day before); then why didn't you use a T.O. to light a fire under their asses in the first few minutes? Better yet, why didn't you find a way to motivate them before they ever hit the court?

This B.S. was not well-received in Denver, this B.S. was not well-received at Colorado, and this B.S. sure as hell won't be well-received at Wake; especially, while you're simultaneously trumpeting your horn about 'last years team having characters while this team has character'.

I thought the 'characters' were gone, Bz? This is your team & these are your players now; take responsibility for them and do your damn job...

Last edited:

-----

A distressing hunch that was born a day earlier proceeded to unfold in the Demon Deacons’ 70-62 loss to the Spiders on Saturday afternoon at Joel Coliseum.
“You’re going to play like you practice,” [Redacted] said. “I could see this coming because of what I didn’t see from these guys.”

-----

So to clarify... Bz seemingly boasts that he "could see this coming" & unloads all responsibility on the players (and does so even more harshly later in the interview : “I think that’s a testimony to our lack of aggressiveness, right out of the gate we were just kind of standing.”)

I'm sorry; but this crap doesn't fly with me. You're the coach (getting paid a 7-figure salary to do your job)... If your players aren't motivated on the practice-court; that falls in your lap on game-day.

If the players were 'just kind of standing' ('right out of the gate') and you had the foresight to know this loss was coming because of the player's lack of aggressiveness (which you had seen in practice the day before); then why didn't you use a T.O. to light a fire under their asses in the first few minutes? Better yet, why didn't you find a way to motivate them before they hit the court if 'you could see this coming'?

This B.S. was not well-received in Denver, this B.S. was not well-received at Colorado, and this B.S. sure as hell won't be well-received at Wake; especially, while you're simultaneously trumpeting your horn about 'last years team having characters while this team has character'.

I thought the 'characters' were gone, Bz? This is your team & these are your players now; take responsibility for them and do your damn job...

We're paying him 7 figures????? I never want to hear anybody complain about what we're paying Grobe again. :rulz:

We're paying him 7 figures????? I never want to hear anybody complain about what we're paying Grobe again. :rulz:

He made $950k at Colorado. Don't know his salary here, speculation is $1.1-1.3mm. And, yes, it's too much.

-----

-----

If the players were 'just kind of standing' ('right out of the gate') and you had the foresight to know this loss was coming because of the player's lack of aggressiveness (which you had seen in practice the day before); then why didn't you use a T.O. to light a fire under their asses in the first few minutes? Better yet, why didn't you find a way to motivate them before they ever hit the court?

I wish he had spiked their water bottles with coffee.

Back