• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cinematic equivalents of the 2011 bowl games

smallbigtall

jon gruden's haircut
Reaction score
per the Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204903804577080610497376188.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLE_Video_second

Some good ones:

Hot Tub Time Machine
(Champs Sports Bowl: Florida State vs. Notre Dame, Dec. 29 in Orlando, Fla.) An outrageous comedy in which we're transported back to a time when these two programs actually mattered.

Ordinary People
(Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. West Virginia, Jan. 4 in Miami Gardens, Fla.) A pair of three-loss teams ranked outside the top 10 prove you don't have to be special to reach a BCS game.

Music City isn't listed, but trying to think of what it would be.

ETA this might be better moved to the Pit.

Last edited:
Can't Buy Me Love

The story of one character so obsessed with being accepted by the more popular, successful crowd that he attempts to fake his way through life, only to end up destined for the loser's table.

Sticking with the music city theme, something like that Johnny Cash movie.

Nashville.jpg

Can't Buy Me Love

The story of one character so obsessed with being accepted by the more popular, successful crowd that he attempts to fake his way through life, only to end up destined for the loser's table.

Guessing you meant this to be about Wake, but it's just as true of Miss. State. Well done.

I was thinking more along the lines of Christmas Vacation:

An otherwise normal upper-middle class family after a tough year tries to, for once, have a nice holiday; that is, until the rednecks show up in their trailer home and crash the party.

Wake-Miss State.

Napoleon Dynamite. Starring Lobo as Uncle Rico.

I was thinking more along the lines of Christmas Vacation:

An otherwise normal upper-middle class family after a tough year tries to, for once, have a nice holiday; that is, until the rednecks show up in their trailer home and crash the party.

Lol.

Back