• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cotton Bowl or Fiesta Bowl?

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dented

Retired
Reaction score
Amid the corruption with the Fiesta Bowl, it looks like the Cotton Bowl might get the nod for the 4th BCS bowl moving forward. Which do you prefer?

I personally would rather see the Cotton Bowl especially because it is played in the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

Wonder how I voted. Seriously though - which is the better January destination, Phoenix or Dallas?

Phoenix - good chance of sunny and 70
Dallas - good chance of snow

Wonder how I voted. Seriously though - which is the better January destination, Phoenix or Dallas?

Phoenix - good chance of sunny and 70
Dallas - good chance of snow

Weather definitely better in AZ, but a "good chance of snow" is a stretch.

I voted on location and history. It's always pissed me off that one of the big 4 bowls got left out of the BCS.

Cotton Bowl. More history behind the game. It will become a BCS bowl, though I don't know that it will necessary replace the Fiesta. Its likely they just add it as a 5th game.

Weather definitely better in AZ, but a "good chance of snow" is a stretch.

I voted on location and history. It's always pissed me off that one of the big 4 bowls got left out of the BCS.

This winter jaded me re: snow in Texas. My bad though - overall a stretch, yes, I agree.

This winter jaded me re: snow in Texas. My bad though - overall a stretch, yes, I agree.

Jaded me too. Screwed up the Superbowl week. I freaking hate snow.

Thursday before the Superbowl I was helping our babysitter clear snow off her windshield. Walking back to the house fell and broke 2 ribs.

Jaded me too. Screwed up the Superbowl week. I freaking hate snow.

Thursday before the Superbowl I was helping our babysitter clear snow off her windshield. Walking back to the house fell and broke 2 ribs.

That was a freak week to say the least! The roads were ice rink quality with highs in the upper teens and low twenties. I lived in Winston-Salem for 40 years and never remembering it being that damn cold for so long.

Needing a "the other bowls are just as corrupt" choice. I doubt this is an isolated incident, and hope all the BCS bowls come crashing down in scandal so we can finally have a playoff.

Peach Bowl may try as well. They are the only non BCS bowl that consistently sells out.

Also, Jerry World, from what I am told, is far away from everything so people may not like going to the Cotton Bowl. The Dome is walking distance from 10,000 hotel rooms and the Lucky Marietta District.

Back