• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tar Holes Have a New FB Coach

Crap. I had a high opinion of him; now I will be forced to hate him.

How is Fedora going to get all his JC recruits to Chapel Hill?

IC isn't saying UNC hired a new coach, and the article isn't either. UNC offered Fedora, he may or may not take the job.

How is Fedora going to get all his JC recruits to Chapel Hill?

Did they have a lot at USM? Either way, now that he's at UNC, presumably he can just recruit real players.

I'm with Bama. I had a pretty high opinion of Fedora, and now I must learn to hate him.

Pretty convincing win last Saturday, i am not surprised he's at the top of everyone's list.

Did they have a lot at USM? Either way, now that he's at UNC, presumably he can just recruit real players.

I'm with Bama. I had a pretty high opinion of Fedora, and now I must learn to hate him.

Yeah he six or seven every year I thought. I'm sure his recruiting will be just fine at UNC.

It sounds like a good hire for UNC.

One thing's for sure -- "Larry Fedora" sounds like a name a 17-year-old would use on a fake ID.

IC isn't saying UNC hired a new coach, and the article isn't either. UNC offered Fedora, he may or may not take the job.

Heard from a friend who works in sports marketing at UNC that it's a done deal, FWIW.

My opinion is maybe, but I question why a guy like Fedora, who is at the top of a lot of lists, would take the hole job when there are possible NCAA sanctions/probation/penalties coming their way. I would think they are going to lose bowl appearances, etc.

I know $$$$ talks, but that job does not sound desirable.

I don't know if Pat Dooley's (CFB reporter) source is IC but he also says Fedora has accepted the job.

Crazy that Lobo was a finalist for the Southern Miss job and Fedora beat him out.

Lobo is still available.

People often assume, understandably, that programs facing sanctions or controversy won't be able to make decent hires, and they almost always turn out to be wrong.

Keep this in mind when you discuss Penn State's next football coach.

People often assume, understandably, that programs facing sanctions or controversy won't be able to make decent hires, and they almost always turn out to be wrong.

Keep this in mind when you discuss Penn State's next football coach.

Urban Meyer as well.

I've read the premium thread in question. No moderator or anyone associated with IC are saying he has accepted the job. People are getting ahead of themselves.

IC insiders have proven themselves to be nothing more than AD pawns.

Back