• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe 13th highest paid coach not in top 25 this year

He got LOWF to the Music frickin City Bowl, he deserves every penny.

IF he played a pussyfootin schedule like some teams that play in Raleigh, he might have had more W's this season.

25th nationally, fourth-highest in the ACC.

I have a hard time arguing that Grobe is worse than the fourth-best coach in the ACC. Looks like Johnson, Jimbo, and Beamer are the top three. Wouldn't trade Jimbo or Johnson for Grobe, Beamer maybe. Who is getting paid less than Grobe in the ACC that's a better coach?

I have a hard time arguing that Grobe is worse than the fourth-best coach in the ACC. Looks like Johnson, Jimbo, and Beamer are the top three. Wouldn't trade Jimbo or Johnson for Grobe, Beamer maybe. Who is getting paid less than Grobe in the ACC that's a better coach?

Dabo's a swell recruiter, the jury's still out on his coaching.

London looks promising.

Other than that, Grobe and Beamer are the BMOCs of ACC coaching.

Dabo's a swell recruiter, the jury's still out on his coaching.

London looks promising.

Other than that, Grobe and Beamer are the BMOCs of ACC coaching.

This. And both of those men fit their respective schools as well as any coach possibly could.

Agree that London looks promising but I'm afraid (though, in a way, I also hope) he's not the type of coach that gels with UVA long-term. He's got a little edge to him (which, I personally like) but I could easily see that not meshing too well with UVA if he has a mediocre year or two along the way. Also; he seems primed for the picking in a year or two for a NFL team trying to snatch up a young coach with a lot of upside.

This. And both of those men fit their respective schools as well as any coach possibly could.

Agree that London looks promising but I'm afraid (though, in a way, I also hope) he's not the type of coach that gels with UVA long-term. He's got a little edge to him (which, I personally like) but I could easily see that not meshing too well with UVA if he has a mediocre year or two along the way. Also; he seems primed for the picking in a year or two for a NFL team trying to snatch up a young coach with a lot of upside.

He does have some intensity and animation. But you honestly think he'd gather interest from the NFL in a year or two?

I think Johnson could work at Wake, and maybe Beamer, but don't think I'd take any other ACC coach.

He does have some intensity and animation. But you honestly think he'd gather interest from the NFL in a year or two?

Yes.

If he continues to win & continue to be a popular figure (in dealing with the press, etc.) while being an exciting coach taking the reigns of a losing team (3-9 w/ a loss to W&M) and turning them into a contender within 2 years of his hire... I think he'll be handed (rightfully granted) just about any opportunity he wants.

He might have to take a coordinator/positions/coach-in-waiting spot if he wants to make the jump within a couple of years, but he's one of 10 black D1 coaches right now (and likely the most successful of the bunch off the bat). While that shouldn't have much to do with anything; my (possibly politically incorrect) assumption is that this is something that NFL organizations value in a coaches potential w/ the players.

17. Maryland's Randy Edsall, $2.013 million, 30th nationally, fifth-highest in the ACC.

lol

Crazy to think that of the top 25 paid coaches only half made the top 25

He got LOWF to the Music frickin City Bowl, he deserves every penny.

IF he played a pussyfootin schedule like some teams that play in Raleigh, he might have had more W's this season.

Bingo. Makes the University look good every day he coaches. Not afraid to discipline the players when needed. Best ever at Wake.

Wow, I had no idea Kirk Ferentz is the 5th highest paid coach in the nation.

Glass houses. :thumbsup:

I have no idea what this post means. I really hope you don't mean we can't laugh at UMD for dumping COY Fridge for 2-10 Edsell since Grobe, who has taken freakin WFU to five bowl games in eleven seasons, is also on the list.

If you're saying it in jest, I approve.

Wow, I had no idea Kirk Ferentz is the 5th highest paid coach in the nation.

I think he was the highest paid in the early 2000's when he was the hot coaching prospect and Iowa broke the bank to keep him.

Back