• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Auburn Football Players Say They Were Paid

casablanca-shocked.jpg

I'm shocked that this could be happening in college football. Especially at Auburn.

I for one am surprised by this. I am surprised that they have started to use money in that part of Alabama. I thought it was still all trade and barter stuff. Well, live and learn.

Wonder what the NCAA does about this? As far as Wake being no angels, it wouldn't surprise me if there's been some shenanigans over the years. But I'm confident it's child's play compared to what's gone on at Auburn.

Wonder what the NCAA does about this? As far as Wake being no angels, it wouldn't surprise me if there's been some shenanigans over the years. But I'm confident it's child's play compared to what's gone on at Auburn.

Absolutely. I find it funny when some Wake fans jump on other programs (not this thread per se) for violations, believing that since Wake has never been in trouble that means we have never done anything wrong. Everyone has some dirt, but that level of dirt is usually correlated with the number of trophies you have.

Wonder what the NCAA does about this? As far as Wake being no angels, it wouldn't surprise me if there's been some shenanigans over the years. But I'm confident it's child's pay compared to what's gone on at Auburn.

fixed it for ya

and yes I agree with your point, but it's still enjoyable to make fun of them when they're caught

Here's what I don't understand, why would these players "out" their alma mater? Usually this stuff comes out as part of some type of investigation, whether it's financial, rules, or criminal. These guys openly outing Auburn so soon after leaving makes me wonder why.

Here's what I don't understand, why would these players "out" their alma mater? Usually this stuff comes out as part of some type of investigation, whether it's financial, rules, or criminal. These guys openly outing Auburn so soon after leaving makes me wonder why.

Paid by HBO? Sleeze sells.

Agreed, it's not too smart. But then we are dealing with Auburn "students" here.

Is strange, but we have a lot of recent grads/students give Wake poor marks on the USN & WR college rankings.

Paid by HBO? Sleeze sells.

Andrea Kramer was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning talking about this story. She said there were more people (including Cam Newton) who they wanted to interview but couldn't because it was their policy not to pay for interviews. She said everyone they interviewed did so freely.

I guess you can choose to believe her or not, but I bet these guys gave it up without getting paid.

I haven't read the article, but based on what Kramer said on the show, it sounds like all they admitted to was cash transfer in handshakes from people they'd never seen before and never saw again. If there truly isn't a paper trail, the NCAA won't be able to find anything - but they'll clearly be looking and I won't be surprised if they find something.

The former Auburn offensive guard said he accepted more than $5,000 in cash from boosters, but that he has since taken a stand against the practice. "I'm not out to get anybody, I want high school athletes to know what they're getting into," he told HBO.

Wonder if he gave the money back, that is to charity or to the school?

Seems pretty hypocritical to admit receiving money and to go on a crusade against such while keeping the money you received.

Back