• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two Heisman finalists have played at BB&T Field.

This is true. Also the starter of this thread might have the best Poster Name ever. And I mean this in all seriousness. Chuckled after looking at it.

Luck was a finalist last year and Gerhardt was a finalist in 2009. So we've hosted at least one of the last 3 sets of Heisman finalists.

Two of this year's Heisman finalists (Honey Badger, Trent Richardson) played at Scott Field (Mississippi State) this season.. Cam Newton last season, Mark Ingram and Tim Tebow the season before.

I'll see your two Heisman finalists who played at BB&T and raise you two movie subjects who played at BB&T.

I think it is cool that we were all witnesses to the birth of the legend of RG III.

And we have beaten all three Heisman finalists who played here (Luck, Gerhardt, and RG3).

And we have beaten all three Heisman finalists who played here (Luck, Gerhardt, and RG3).

We didn't beat RG3 here though. We beat him in their place. We split with Luck and RG3. I'd say we beat Gerhardt but they inexplicable barely used him in the 2nd half.

also we have hosted...Ndamakong Suh, Prince Amukarmara, Michael Oher, Mike Wallace, Dexter McCluster, Roy Helu, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Devin Hester, Gregg Olson, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Mathias Kiwanuka, Chris Johnson etc.

also we have hosted...Ndamakong Suh, Prince Amukarmara, Michael Oher, Mike Wallace, Dexter McCluster, Roy Helu, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Devin Hester, Gregg Olson, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Mathias Kiwanuka, Chris Johnson etc.

You forgot TJ Yates....HELLO????

Am I correct that the only Heisman Trophy winners to play at BB&T (Groves) are Robert Griffin III and Chris Weinke with Weinke being the only player to play at Wake during his Heisman season?

I do know FSU played Wake in Tallahassee for two years in a row in 1992 and 1993 so Charlie Ward never played at Groves.

Last edited:
Am I correct that the only Heisman Trophy winners to play at BB&T (Groves) are Robert Griffin III and Chris Weinke with Weinke being the only player to play at Wake during his Heisman season?

I do know FSU played Wake in Tallahassee for two years in a row in 1992 and 1993 so Charlie Ward never played at Groves.
anyone?

Back