• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cowherd busts ACC

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
From yesterdays show.

Colin Cowherd was great on ESPN Radio today.Reply
He was talking about people who are mad that 2 SEC teams are in the MNC game. He said, "The 4 best defenses in the country are LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia. And people say it's because SEC doesn't have great offenses. Really? If they don't have great offenses, how was LSU able to drag Oregon and West Virginia all over the field? How could South Carolina lose their QB and RB and still hang 34 points on Clemson?"

a caller, with a northern accent, then called in and said, "I think non-SEC get more than they deserve. The ACC champ couldn't beat the 4th best SEC team. South Carolina should be in a BCS game, not Clemson".

Then, Cowherd said, "Yeah, Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina."

From yesterdays show.

He was talking about people who are mad that 2 SEC teams are in the MNC game. He said, "The 4 best defenses in the country are LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia. And people say it's because SEC doesn't have great offenses. Really? If they don't have great offenses, how was LSU able to drag Oregon and West Virginia all over the field? How could South Carolina lose their QB and RB and still hang 34 points on Clemson?"

a caller, with a northern accent, then called in and said, "I think non-SEC get more than they deserve. The ACC champ couldn't beat the 4th best SEC team. South Carolina should be in a BCS game, not Clemson".

Then, Cowherd said, "Yeah, Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina."

Hell, Clemson probably doesn't even want another piece of us.

From yesterdays show.

Well that's kind of a stupid argument since 1) The ACC champ is locked in to the BCS and 2) South Carolina is ineligible as an at-large since 2 SEC teams are already playing in the BCS.

I think the real argument is Va. Tech and I think they didn't deserve the Sugar. Yeah, they had an 11-2 record, but did they really have a good season? I don't think they beat one top 25 team and played a horrid non-conference schedule. Of course with the BCS bowl games other than the title game, it's about who brings the most people that will spend money, instead of who deserves it.

Dumb argument, but true. If we crown SC as the 4th best team, yes, they would wipe the floor with the ACC champ. But who cares? I hate the whole, 'our conference is better than your conference crap". I've said it a million times, I want Wake forest to win EVERY game in either sport... I could give a crap what the rest of the ACC does.

The best teams VT beat were Virginia, Georgia Tech, and us.

And also...

I want Wake forest to win EVERY game in either sport... I could give a crap what the rest of the ACC does.
This.

Citing Clemson vs SC as the barometer for SEC vs ACC is specious to begin with. It's a goddamned rivalry that goes back to the late 1880's, pre-dates either conference, and includes some angry off-the-field and on-the-field spats.

Said this in another thread. Who knows what the result of Scar/Clemson would be in a bowl game on a neutral site. This year would scar win? Probably......but the game was at scar and it was a week before the most important game of the year (ACCCG)

Clemson beat Auburn, who in turn beat scar. Obviously you can't use the transitive property in college football, but it's also a little misleading to use scar/clemson to say their 4th best team could win the ACC. This is a team that struggled against ECU and Navy.....those arguments based on one game just don't work.

well duh the ACC blows dick in football. the ACC aint really been on it nationally since FSU was running things.

Let me guess...it sounded like this:

"Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina....Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina...Clemson can beat Virginia Tech as many times as the want, but ask them if they want another piece of South Carolina......"

I don't know how anyone listens to that show

Said this in another thread. Who knows what the result of Scar/Clemson would be in a bowl game on a neutral site. This year would scar win? Probably......but the game was at scar and it was a week before the most important game of the year (ACCCG)

Clemson beat Auburn, who in turn beat scar. Obviously you can't use the transitive property in college football, but it's also a little misleading to use scar/clemson to say their 4th best team could win the ACC. This is a team that struggled against ECU and Navy.....those arguments based on one game just don't work.

The South Carolina offense that played Auburn totally changed by the time they played Clemson.

Cowherd is a fucking moron who mst have Barkley Defense materials on everyone in ESPN's boardroom.

Cowherd changes his opinion on issues day to day just for ratings.

I think the reason people like Michelle Beadle so much is because she talks back to that smarmy idiot.

:rolleyes:

Come on Diego. Its your biggest rival, its not like Wake not showing up for Vandy. That's just a dumb argument.

That being said, Cowherd is a fucking assclown.

:rolleyes:

Come on Diego. Its your biggest rival, its not like Wake not showing up for Vandy. That's just a dumb argument.

That being said, Cowherd is a fucking assclown.

I feel like if you have a championship mentality and have a chance for the 'ship you are going to relish the opportunity to beat the hell out of your rival right before you get into postseason play.

I feel like if you have a championship mentality and have a chance for the 'ship you are going to relish the opportunity to beat the hell out of your rival right before you get into postseason play.

It was mid-season but that reminds me of the game against UNC in which Grobe decided to take knees with goal-to-go rather than score again.

The South Carolina offense that played Auburn totally changed by the time they played Clemson.

True.....and they were one of the many teams to exploit our inability to stop a running QB. But Sammy uncharacteristically dropped a sure touchdown bomb, and many of our other receivers were dropping balls as well. Our LT was either held out to avoid reaggrevating an injury, or just couldn't go, and they abused his replacement. Does he suck it up and play if the ACCCG isn't the following week? Are the receivers more focused? Maybe si, maybe no......but the argument that the 4th best sec team is basically the acc champs is dumb. I don't think scar wins the acc if you sub them out for one of our teams this year.

Citing Clemson vs SC as the barometer for SEC vs ACC is specious to begin with. It's a goddamned rivalry that goes back to the late 1880's, pre-dates either conference, and includes some angry off-the-field and on-the-field spats.
This. Totally ignorant not to realize the rivalry trumps everything...and it was at Williams-Brice.

Back