• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl Tailgate

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing? We are flying in and won't be taking the tailgate trailer, so we'll be kicking it old school. Has anyone scoped out the lots to try and get us all in a centralized place? I don't think an Orange Bowl style tailgate is a good option, but if we can get all of our groups in a centralized area, that'd be great. what is everyone doing wrt parking passes?

Warning - lame response coming -

I am thinking about just tailgating in the bars. From what I hear one can walk to the stadium from downtown. I did that at BC a couple of years ago, and it was fun as hell.

I'm probably sitting at home, like a loser. Man, I wish we didn't have family Christmas obligations that weekend.

I am thinking about just tailgating in the bars. From what I hear one can walk to the stadium from downtown. I did that at BC a couple of years ago, and it was fun as hell.

That's not tailgating. That's drinking in a bar.

This is my plan as well. We did that for the Nebraska game, and it was a great time. We may stop by the official Wake tailgate.

I'm hauling everything down from Winston that morning. Haven't yet scoped out a parking lot/passes/etc. but agree that there needs to be a centralized area.

Extremely easy walk from downtown. That's what we did for the USA game. There's a huge bridge leading from downtown, over the river (or maybe it was over a highway, don't remember), and right into the stadium parking lot. It's really pretty neat. Most of the lots we encountered we're pretty small. But I do know that lot 11 has a huge grassy area that was fun to tailgate in. That's where we set up shop, along with the US supporter section

Last edited:
That's not tailgating. That's drinking in a bar.

Flying in from Balmer, so real tailgating is not an option. And I still consider it tailgating if you can walk to the stadium. Speaking of which, does anyone have bar recommendations for "tailgating" on gameday?

We did McFaddens. It was boss. Closest downtown bar to the stadium as well.

yeah, the bridge goes right over to the bars downtown. since we are off work that day we will start downtown and walk over for the tailgate. anyone know where their parking sections are?

I'll be driving in from Winston and can bring a few tailgate items. If the weather is decent I'd rather have a typical tailgate outside the stadium than just drink in the bars, but I'll follow the crowd.

RTQ, if you are up for it, I may try to meet up with you and have you bring our small Coleman camp grill. It's small and can be used on a tabletop. I'll coordinate with you as the time gets closer. I'd also rather tailgate than tablegate as its much cheaper.

I'd also rather tailgate than tablegate as its much cheaper.

Hell, for what it would cost for a group of 10 or more to hang out and eat/drink in a bar for 6-8 hours, you could buy a grill at the local Lowes and then give it away when you're done, and still come out ahead.

RTQ, if you are up for it, I may try to meet up with you and have you bring our small Coleman camp grill. It's small and can be used on a tabletop. I'll coordinate with you as the time gets closer. I'd also rather tailgate than tablegate as its much cheaper.

I've got one of these if she can fit it in her car.

41T6XYKRBAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That'd be a better option than the one I was going to bring. It's smaller and less bulky than mine.

definitely the cheaper part appeals to me too. plus I don't know if the bars there will sell bottles of Andre. :thumbsup:

I've got one of these if she can fit it in her car.

41T6XYKRBAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I imagine I can fit that in my car. I drive an Accord, it has a pretty big trunk.

Back