• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any TV/Video for Wake-High Point?

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Anyone with info or links? All I can find is a premium stream on the High Point athletics site, and I don't even know if it's video or audio.

I ponied up the $4.95 and it appears to be for a video-feed.

I'll log on and check the video quality of a past event & report back.

Alright... this is a screen-shot from the season preview (after I let it buffer & streamed it on full-screen mode)...

rcYXi.png

FWIW, my connection speed is hovering around 35 mbps (really fast) right now... so unless they've made major improvements in the past few weeks (both with the equipment for shooting the games & for live-streaming it to the Big South site); I doubt we'll be seeing too many clear shots of the action.

As soon as the actual feed for tonight goes live; I can post another shot of what it looks like so you can decide for yourself if its worth $5.

If I buy this for 5 bucks can I watch it whenever I want? I'm not going to be able to watch at 7 because I'm working on my thesis, but if I buy it can I watch it on replay at hypothetically like 3 in the morning?

I noticed an "archive viewer" link at bigsouthsports.com so I'm guessing it'll be available for replay. This is my first time visiting their site though.

If I buy this for 5 bucks can I watch it whenever I want? I'm not going to be able to watch at 7 because I'm working on my thesis, but if I buy it can I watch it on replay at hypothetically like 3 in the morning?
alright, yes & no... the on-demand library requires subscription (which was free).

they have a game from last night already posted (but I highly doubt ours would be posted on that service by 3 a.m. this morning).

Last edited:
I noticed an "archive viewer" link at bigsouthsports.com so I'm guessing it'll be available for replay. This is my first time visiting their site though.

Yeah I just couldn't find anything about one-time purchases. There's an archive viewer for "premium" subscribers but I'm not sure if replays are available if I just pay 4.95 to watch this one game.

I may just listen to Stan while I'm working.

It looks like the same service that streams App Football games. If it runs similar to the App games the archive will not be available for another 24 hours or so.

And if we're lucky... it appears we may get up to a minute of a cameraman focusing on some good-old fashioned infant-shaking capped off by a swinging right hand to the kisser from the baby.

(at the 1:13:30 mark of the aforementioned game)

kOz4x.png

Bigger ripoff- $5 for that streaming quality or $37,000 for a year of High Point tuition?

wakeforestsports.com seems to have a premium feed for the game tonight. Would you assume that feed will be of better quality then High Point's site?

I believe they're the same feed (Big South Network)... That's what the Wake page linked me to, anyway.

My feed is live now... doing a really strange skipping thing on the video but audio is clean.

"Nido" would never allow such a subpar stream. Expect this to be fixed ASAP.

281_x_393_950-Qubin%20300%20dpi%20ss.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't think the quality is terrible. I've got the pregame on now

I really don't think the quality is terrible. I've got the pregame on now

Mine's completely unwatchable because of the skipping issue (the resolution for the frames I'm seeing is great but it seems like its going from frame 1 to frame 3 to frame 2 to frame 4)

I'll try getting a different computer up and running.

Nope... Different computer, different browser... same issue

Even tried switching my internet over to my Verizon 4g tethered through my phone & got a great connection (10 MBPS down/7 up) but video is doing the exact same thing.

Back