• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fence rider moving BuzzOut...

pourdeac

Reaction score
There are no excuses this year for losing to or getting outplayed by a weak team. I did not watch the game, I listened to most of it, but the box score is horrible.

Offensive rebounds: HP 12, Wake 2.
Total Rebounds: HP 32, Wake 26.
Shots taken: HP 63, Wake 48.
Assists: HP 21, Wake 19.
TOs: HP 11, Wake 13.

If they had shot decent from the FT or we had shot a little less than 59% from the 3, we would have lost this game.....to High Point...without all that "team distraction". We pretty much suck.

I'm beginning to think that all this talk about "team distraction" and "team culture" and "bad apples" was more distracting and damaging than the actual problems we had.

Dude, we were playing with 7 scholly players last night.

Seven.

Lets not start a new thread everytime someone has a thought about Bz, OK?

Welcome! The dude is, was and will always be a stone cold loser.

We have already won two games this year we would have lost last year. Progress is sometimes slow and painful

I was Bzzzout but I have actually been pretty impressed with our level of play so far this year.

Dude, we were playing with 7 scholly players last night.

Seven.

Lets not start a new thread everytime someone has a thought about Bz, OK?

i just hope we can all agree that next year, these sorts of things are Bz's fault and not excuses.

There are no excuses this year for losing to or getting outplayed by a weak team. I did not watch the game, I listened to most of it, but the box score is horrible.

If they had shot decent from the FT or we had shot a little less than 59% from the 3, we would have lost this game.....to High Point...without all that "team distraction". We pretty much suck.

I'm beginning to think that all this talk about "team distraction" and "team culture" and "bad apples" was more distracting and damaging than the actual problems we had.

High Point lost on the road at Purdue by two points, when their three point shot did not fall at the buzzer. I guess that means Purdue stinks even worse than we do.

High Point lost on the road at Purdue by two points, when their three point shot did not fall at the buzzer. I guess that means Purdue stinks even worse than we do.

They also were 2-5 - winning against the Citadel and some no name team. Lets not act like we just beat a tourney team or something. These guys will finish below .500.

First, I can't figure out how we got outplayed last night. If you watched the game, you saw great shooting from the arc from H Pt. especially in the second half. At least three of HPU's triples came from NBA range. I mean Barbour made 7 threes and I think all were in the second half.

Second, here's the flip side to the same coin. I posted this last night but seems relevant again.

Looking at the stats we did several things very well.

It was a 72 possession game and we had only 13 turnovers, well below the 20% cutoff for success there.

We had 19 assists on 28 made baskets, well above the 60% mark for success in that area.

We shot 75% from the stripe. Any time you hit more than 73% from the stripe you've had success. FG shooting was terrific at 58.3 from the floor and 59.1 from the arc. Those numbers are the definition of success.

Our guys stepped up and hit big shot after big shot to answer every HPU run, and did it, as Skip would say, in an environment that was a "cauldron of emotion."
Rebounding is the obvious bugaboo with this team and it won't improve until next year when we get some wide bodies in the paint.

I'm just glad we aren't suffering embarrassing losses like we did to the horrible quadrilateral last year. Hope it keeps up and we can steal a few ACC wins along the way.

Last edited:
They also were 2-5 - winning against the Citadel and some no name team. Lets not act like we just beat a tourney team or something. These guys will finish below .500.

A point taken from their narrow loss to Purdue on the road is that this team is capable of winning against a high level opponent. I agree with Chris that I've actually been pleased with some of the progress we've seen. Not as quick as we all would like but I believe we're headed in a positive direction.

I'm not getting into this Bzz thing but I just have to say how awful it is that we are debating how valuable a High Point win is. I'm so sad seeing what our program has become and whoever is responsible for it should be ashamed of themselves (whether it is the players, coaches, AD, or dv7).

I'm not getting into this Bzz thing but I just have to say how awful it is that we are debating how valuable a High Point win is. I'm so sad seeing what our program has become and whoever is responsible for it should be ashamed of themselves (whether it is the players, coaches, AD, or dv7).

EXACTLY! We have people breaking down our possessions so as to show how great buzz is when we squeak by HIGH POINT. It's not like this was UVa or even BC...this was HIGH POINT. How the f did we ever get here?

Hulka, a win is a win and while I don't like just sqeaking by it is still a win. It doesn't matter what we say you will refute it so even if we show you hard facts you will protest, methinks you doth protest to much.

A point taken from their narrow loss to Purdue on the road is that this team is capable of winning against a high level opponent. I agree with Chris that I've actually been pleased with some of the progress we've seen. Not as quick as we all would like but I believe we're headed in a positive direction.

If Purdue could have hit a free throw, it wouldn't have been that close.

This wasn't a "good" win - it was a game we should have won and we did. It tells me nothing about the team.

i am still Bzz-waiting but i am highly concerned about the rebounding problems...it is only going to get worse as we get to ACC competition. Bzz really needs the guards to drop down for rebounds and not getting out on the wing to run. i don't know how many times i saw 1 WFU player trying to get the rebound with 3 or more HPU players...terrible!

he is not addressing issues that require adjustments.

If Purdue could have hit a free throw, it wouldn't have been that close.

This wasn't a "good" win - it was a game we should have won and we did. It tells me nothing about the team.

I don't think anyone is saying this would be a statement victory that we could list on a tournament resume as a quality win (Playoffs??) but I'm just glad we have grown from last year and responded in a positive way and didn't lose to an opponent who has given other teams problems.

EXACTLY! We have people breaking down our possessions so as to show how great buzz is when we squeak by HIGH POINT. It's not like this was UVa or even BC...this was HIGH POINT. How the f did we ever get here?

I'm not breaking down possessions to see how great Buzz is. I'm breaking down possessions to see how the team performed. When I learned of these stats some years ago, I started using them to look at the boxscore and guage how things went for the team and maybe see if trends are developing.

The Deacs are my number one team, the SLU Billikens my second team. After each of their games I look at the boxscore to see what they did.

When the turnover rate is 20% or less, that's good. When the assist to basket ratio is 60% or more, that's good, you can break down the boxscore in lots of different ways with easy calculations. That's why I do it.

This board is sad in that you can't say anything positive about the players on the team without being accused of doing it in support of buzz. Pitiful.

We have already won two games this year we would have lost last year. Progress is sometimes slow and painful

Holy shit. This is the first time I've ever seen a BudatWake post to an existing thread AND it wasn't idiotic. Way to go BudatWake!

Back