• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ohio bill to eliminate binding arbitration

90sdeac

Reaction score
Under a bill that will be signed today, Ohio public workers will be excluded from collective bargaining and binding arbitration.

The bill will allow the state to simply invoke whatever they want. If they decide they don't want to listen to the arbitration person they helped choose, they can just walk away and impose an "agreement" of their choice.

Effectively unions and wage negotiations have been outlawed in Ohio for public employees.

One differnce between Ohio and Wisconsin is Ohio can have a public referendum to overturn the State Legislature.

Under a bill that will be signed today, Ohio public workers will be excluded from collective bargaining and binding arbitration.

The bill will allow the state to simply invoke whatever they want. If they decide they don't want to listen to the arbitration person they helped choose, they can just walk away and impose an "agreement" of their choice.

Effectively unions and wage negotiations have been outlawed in Ohio for public employees.

One differnce between Ohio and Wisconsin is Ohio can have a public referendum to overturn the State Legislature.

And they will.

Kasich should have focused on tax reform there.

I miss 90sdeac

Even FDR realized public employee unions are a terrible idea. They don't bargain, they give away tax dollars that are then used to reelect the ones giving it away.

No, it's not.

moon is doing anything and everything to get a response from me. I can promise him if I do respond he will not like it. I have stopped giving a shit whether he does or not. If he keeps going, I could care less who in his life reads the boards.

It's up to him, but he refuses to leave me alone.

Last edited:
Back