• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We have to go back to the 4-3 for Nashville

ronin1409

Reaction score
after watching a couple of game from the 06 season, one thing seems clear:
we need to go back to the 4-3 to slow down those MSU running backs.

One question: where is Booi?

No fucking way we can hope to win this game with our current defense.
Let Zach have a shot at the QB. Speed..... Aaron Curry didn't get drafted this high by playing zone coverage every play.

Even if it's just a body on the 4-3..

Yeah, like on Rocky II when Mick trained Rocky to fight right-handed. And then he switched back to southpaw and kicked Apollo Creed's ass.

I'd love for us to go back to the 4-3, but to do the switch for a bowl game is dumb. That is something that needs to be installed in the Spring and Fall camps.

I'm just not sure we have the personnel to run it right now. Watch some games from last year, and it should reveal to you why the 4-3 is not really any better than the 3-4. Run what you know. Make a change in the offseason.

after watching a couple of game from the 06 season, one thing seems clear:
we need to go back to the 4-3 to slow down those MSU running backs.

I know right!? Switching defenses before a bowl game works perfectly every time on NCAA 12!:tard:

How about you let the coaches use the same system the players have been with for the entire season. We can second guess them all we want during and after the game.

Grobe and co. switched defenses to prepare for the option mid-season when they would play Navy and GT, I see this as no different, except they have more time to prepare.

Grobe and co. switched defenses to prepare for the option mid-season when they would play Navy and GT, I see this as no different, except they have more time to prepare.

And less personnel to run it. We can't even get one DT to give Whitlock a breather. Where will we find two?

I'd love for us to go back to the 4-3, but to do the switch for a bowl game is dumb. That is something that needs to be installed in the Spring and Fall camps.

Disagree. That's 15 more practices to install a 4-3 to get ready for next year.

With 3 healthy, capable running backs we should switch to the wishbone.

Back