• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SWAC title game

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Don't really care about it, but I was wondering one thing. Does the SWAC not send anybody to the 1-AA playoffs? I assume no, since they are playing their title game today and seems like it is like this every year.

Yeah the SWAC and CIAA have traditionally been terrible (think SWAC and MEAC in NCAA tournament play for basketball). It shows you how good WSSU's team really is this year compared to the CIAA

Yeah the SWAC and CIAA have traditionally been terrible (think SWAC and MEAC in NCAA tournament play for basketball). It shows you how good WSSU's team really is this year compared to the CIAA

The SWAC is I-AA & the CIAA is D2. The reason WSSU is good this year is because they tried and failed at I-AA and now have some better players in D2.

And I believe the Pioneer Football League as well.

I think they don't offer scholarships or something. Or the number of scholarships division III offers. Which is different from SWAC and Ivy which offer as many as division 1AA. That's me off the top of my head though

The Great West also has no teams in the playoffs. I believe that they would participate, but had no team invited. I think that the league does not have AQ status as it only has 5 teams.

The other game that impacts the SWAC is the Turkey Day Classic between Alabama State and Tuskegee which draws 70K plus annually to Legion Field. The SWAC won't give up the money from that or the Bayou Classic.

Also, I think I read that if one of their teams was good enough to qualify for an at-large but didn't make the SWAC Championship game, then they would go to the FCS playoffs. Slim chance of that ever happening though.

Last edited:
WSSU is currently playing in the semifinals on channel 15 in W-S. Down 14-7 at the half.

am I the only person that laughed when I saw Grambling had a white kicker?

WSSU is currently playing in the semifinals on channel 15 in W-S. Down 14-7 at the half.

Apparently CJ Washington is a CB for WSSU. Graduated and had a year of eligibility left and wanted to keep playing football. Good for him.

am I the only person that laughed when I saw Grambling had a white kicker?

There's always three or four white punters/placekickers in the SWAC. Not uncommon for Texas Southern or Prairie View to have Hispanic placekickers. Lot of Hispanic soccer players in Texas.

Back