• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Beach St 45 UNC-Ch 40 (Half)

They are playing amazing though. Almost put up 50 in the 1st. I doubt they keep that level of play uin chapel hill p

Boys in stripes made damn sure UNC-ch was not going to lose that one.

Roy Williams is the most overrated coach in sports.

Didn't see a gameday thread so thought I'd post here about Austin Peay's road win over Tennessee. Keep in mind, that the Governors came into the game with a 1-9 record. They were down 11 with about 6 mins. to go and ended the game on a 21-6 run, shocking the Vols, 74-70.

Now that's what I call an upset. Let's Go Peay!

Last edited:
Even at 4-5, LBSU is that good. Look at the losses! San Diego State by 4 in OT, Montana by 2 on the road, by 13 at #6 Louisville, by 8 at #13 Kansas, and by 6 at #6 UNC.

Outside of that Montana game, they've played an absurdly difficult schedule and have really played well. Unfortunately, you're right: Pitt is their only win of note.

That Pitt was #9 helps. So, too, does the fact that it looks like they'll run the table in the Big West. So, too, does the fact that they're about to play a #8 Xavier team that may have a number of key players suspended.

They can win-out and there's a solid chance that they will. Lots of veteran depth, length on the perimeter, size in the post, and that Casper Ware kid is the real deal.

Very nice win for UNC. Very nice loss, if such a thing exists, for LBSU.

"Very nice win"? One of the most talented teams in the las decade considers a win against Long Beach State at home a "very nice win"?

"Very nice win"? One of the most talented teams in the las decade considers a win against Long Beach State at home a "very nice win"?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that most do. It's ballsy to schedule a good mid-major in December and they responded well.

Also it's finals week. Good basketball usually does not occur during this period. Enjoying skin and deacs campaign against one of the most successful coaches in college basketball though. Passionate if not intelligent. I also like that he somehow thinks this team is more talented than the Felton, McCants, May and Lawson, Hansbrough, and Ellington teams. Anyone who has actually seen the teams play know that's some bs

ABC

Also it's finals week. Good basketball usually does not occur during this period. Enjoying skin and deacs campaign against one of the most successful coaches in college basketball though. Passionate if not intelligent. I also like that he somehow thinks this team is more talented than the Felton, McCants, May and Lawson, Hansbrough, and Ellington teams. Anyone who has actually seen the teams play know that's some bs

ABC

I will make you a bet...name the price. The players on this team will have more success by any measurement in The League than those teams.

I will make you a bet...name the price. The players on this team will have more success by any measurement in The League than those teams.

I don't know if that means it was better, though. That team was legendary in talent and in performance...

I don't know if that means it was better, though. That team was legendary in talent and in performance...

Exactly. That UNC team would beat this current UNC team handily IMO if both played well. NBA output doesn't mean anything in college basketball.

Exactly. That UNC team would beat this current UNC team handily IMO if both played well. NBA output doesn't mean anything in college basketball.

The NBA potential of this Carolina team is starting to look vastly overrated as well. Barnes is only great when his defender is less athletic than him. Henson has no skills outside of 5ft. T Zeller has a pro skillset, but he plays soft and lacks athleticism. None of them seem worthy of a lottery pick.

Barnes is going to be an incredibly average NBA player.

The NBA potential of this Carolina team is starting to look vastly overrated as well. Barnes is only great when his defender is less athletic than him. Henson has no skills outside of 5ft. T Zeller has a pro skillset, but he plays soft and lacks athleticism. None of them seem worthy of a lottery pick.

I will take that bet as well

Barnes is about the level of Marvin Williams, who was the 6th man and the number 2 pick in the draft. That tells you how good that team was, whether they became awesome NBA players or not

Henson=Brandon Wright, Zeller couldn't hold T-Hans jock

henson's pretty good offensively now. he's got a few nice post moves and he's starting to develop a jumper.

zeller's a pussy. nothing more needs to be said.

i dont really know what to make of barnes. i feel like he overthinks the game far too much instead of letting it come naturally.

hairston and bullock look very promising right now. one of those two will probably end up being the best pro on our team.

as a whole, they play very lackadaisically though. but then again, so did the 09 team and we saw how that turned out.

Back