• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 14 NFL Thread

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
LET'S GO LIONS.

AP out today, so the Lions should get a big time pass rush going, and be able to key in on Gerhardt.

I expect the guys to play a clean game today since Schwartz told them he will bench anybody that gets a personal foul.

I've been ashamed at how dumb and dirty the guys have played the last few weeks. I love the intensity, but want them to keep it clean.

I expect the Lions to come out hungry today. Need some other teams to go down today in the wild card hunt, too.

Here are my other picks this week:

Hou over Cin
NO over Ten
Det over Min
Phi over Mia
NYJ over KC
NE over Was
Car over Atl
TB over Jax
Bal over Ind
Den over Chi
SF over Ari
GB over Oak
SD over Buf
Dal over NYG
Sea over StL

Hou over Cin? Woudl be incredible if it happened, but I'm not confident. Cin's defense is quite good, and TJ Yates without the Andre Johnson safety valve could be a problem.

If Houston does win though, it sets them up to go into the playoffs at 13-3 or 12-4 with home field advantage. That would be incredible.

Hou over Cin? Woudl be incredible if it happened, but I'm not confident. Cin's defense is quite good, and TJ Yates without the Andre Johnson safety valve could be a problem.

If Houston does win though, it sets them up to go into the playoffs at 13-3 or 12-4 with home field advantage. That would be incredible.

That + Car over Atl are my two sleeper picks this week. Just feeling it. Dallas-NYG is basically impossible to pick at this point.

Cinci's defense is good, but so is Houston's.

I agree with every pick you have. I think that Houston with Yates is better than a lot of people are giving them credit for, and their defense is filthy. Better than Cinci's imo.

hahaha... Jets have to call timeout before running their first play. Awful.

I agree with every pick you have. I think that Houston with Yates is better than a lot of people are giving them credit for, and their defense is filthy. Better than Cinci's imo.

This is what I'm banking on. The people in the know seem very impressed by Yates and there is nothing better for a young QB than a great RB and a terrific O-Line.

Cincy has looked pretty bad recently.

carolina's secondary makes Wake's secondary look all-pro.

Calvin Pace just batted down a pass and, were he to have held on, could've easily had himself a pick 6.

PS Tyler Palko is LOLbad.

Yea I don't understand how Palko is an NFL starter.

Yates throws the first INT of his career. He just way overthrows his receiver, right to the safety.

He's looking like crap this game. Several missed throws.

Also, Houston's defense is good, but it's not great yet. Their defensive statistics, when you don't adjust them, are inflated because the Texans running game keeps opposing teams off the field so much.

The Texans linebackers though are just filthy. Connor Barwin, DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, and rookie Brooks Reed will all be pro bowlers at some point in their careers. Ryans and Cushing already have been, Barwin will be this year, and Reed will be within 5 years imo.

Back