• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Skip Prosser Tournament

deacfreke2

Reaction score
Here's a link to some interesting info I found about Tulane hosting a tournament as a tribute to Skip.

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tu...prosser-classic-at-fogelman-this-weekend.html

The article says that Tulane coach Ed Conroy was the last one to coach against Skip when they went overseas in May of '07.

A few paragraphs from the article:

When Prosser died of a heart attack in the summer 2007, Tulane head coach Ed Conroy was the last to coach against him, in May of that year. The game was played in the Persian Gulf four years ago in Operation Hardwood IV, a college outreach program for U.S. troops in the region. Conroy and Prosser coached teams of military players in the championship.

Conroy has since won the Prosser Award, given annually to "a Division I head coach who best represents the high standards of the coaching profession," while he was at the Citadel.

"Skip was someone that was a great friend and someone that I had a ton of respect for," Conroy said. "The fact that our players can take part in this tournament and learn about him and what he stood for and keep his memory alive is something I'm very proud of. I'm glad we were able to put this together and hopefully it is something that will grow each year and include a variety of teams."

More proof that Skip was highly respected in the world of college hoops.

Kind of ironic that the Department of Defense asked Skip to go to Iraq.

Don't ya think?

Back