• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alphonso!

tbpnwe

Reaction score
2 picks in 1st half.

2nd for TD!!!!!

Did he ever pick-off Ponder at Wake? I wonder how many players have picked off the same QB at both the college and NFL level.

Yep. At FSU in 2008, right after they played a Ponder quote about well he was going to play that night.

Yep. At FSU in 2008, right after they played a Ponder quote about well he was going to play that night.

Yep, we had 5 INTs that game. Ponder threw 3, and then got taken out. I believe the pick was only about a minute or two into the game.

So happy to have him back in the lineup. I didn't think he would make the cut with the way Berry and Wright were playing this season. He defs earned his spot today.

Christian Ponder deserves some credit too.

Pretty sure it was their first play of the game

Yup. Right after Ponder's quote "There is just no way we lose this game".

It has to be asked, is Ponder-to-Smith the best QB-CB tandem in football? I say yes.:)

I remember being at that FSU game where we won 12-3, what a terrible (but awesome) football game. I think between Ponder and Xavier Lee they were something like 8-21 for like 100 yards, no tds, and 6 ints. I've never seen such terrible play by two different quarterbacks, at any level.

I remember being at that FSU game where we won 12-3, what a terrible (but awesome) football game. I think between Ponder and Xavier Lee they were something like 8-21 for like 100 yards, no tds, and 6 ints. I've never seen such terrible play by two different quarterbacks, at any level.

Wake actually had more interception return yards than Florida State had passing yards that game. We had 131 INT return yards and the FSU QBs combined for 118 passing yards.

Phonz was in the game before the Berry injury, but I think Berry went down after Phonz's 2nd pick, so he should definitely be getting more burn the rest of the season.

Wake actually had more interception return yards than Florida State had passing yards that game. We had 131 INT return yards and the FSU QBs combined for 118 passing yards.

This is actually true of the two trips to Tally in 06 and 08 combined as well, I believe.

Back