• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sunday CB Thread

Strickland33

Reaction score
NC State up just five on NC Central. They'll win, but we beat a better than usual MEAC team, folks. Ray Willis and Dom Sutton are good on this team.

Also, fellow MEAC squad Norfolk State is giving VT all it can handle at the half. Kyle O'Quinn has been having his way with the VT frontcourt.

State wins by 5 points. Is the ACC really this down this year?

Like I said, it's an abnormally good MEAC. They're getting scouts to see O'Quinn, Pellum, and, to a lesser extent, Ray Willis and Dominique Sutton.

It's more of a combination of the two variables, I think, as opposed to merely the ACC being down. Give the MEAC some credit.

Bad game by NCSU, they are better than that. This is still the same team that should have beat IU in the Big10/ACC Challenge. As others have also said, NCCU is pretty legit.

Between the three BCS transfers and the red hot shooter who transferred from UNCG, on any given night, NCCU is a dangerous team. We did good to beat them based on how we played the first two games.

lol @ the Hole.

How is Florida State "sorry"? Because they lost to two ranked teams and a soon to be ranked Michigan State team? Are you forgetting that they went to the Sweet 16 last year and are poised to make another run this year? Or are you just one of those fans who just appreciate great offenses and doesn't get anything about defense?

and I love how you call out Duke, but yet your Holes aren't looking that hot. Pre-Season #1's aren't supposed to lose to UNLV (or get controlled by UNLV for that matter)

lol @ the Hole.

How is Florida State "sorry"? Because they lost to two ranked teams and a soon to be ranked Michigan State team? Are you forgetting that they went to the Sweet 16 last year and are poised to make another run this year? Or are you just one of those fans who just appreciate great offenses and doesn't get anything about defense?

and I love how you call out Duke, but yet your Holes aren't looking that hot. Pre-Season #1's aren't supposed to lose to UNLV (or get controlled by UNLV for that matter)

BC 28
Stony Brook 11
at the half

Well, that sure changed.

Also, huge win for Marshall today. They're actually rocking a pretty legitimate backcourt this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge for the C-USA crown this year. Bad loss for Iona, but there's not a lot you can do when a team is knocking down shots like that..

Who else thinks Murray State beats Memphis? Racers are one of the better mid-majors this year, for sure.

But the conference is worse this year

Oh yea for sure. ACC is just unbelievably bad this season. Crazy how cyclical college bball is in terms of which conference are at the top (outside the 2 or 3 historically great programs in each conference.

lol @ the Hole.

even if you think FSU is good, that still only makes 3 good teams and a bunch of cannon fodder. personally i dont. great defense, absolutely abysmal offense and they've been crap whenever i've seen them. maybe they'll play better against Florida but they dont impress me. i'd be surprised if they made it out of the first weekend again.

as for the Heels? i'm not worried. even if we dont get any better, this team is still good enough to go 14-2 to win the ACC. we'll figure it out and be one of the 4 teams at the end. at any rate they're ahead of where they were last year so i'm pretty confident. you're in denial if you think were as good as were going to be.

we saw Duke when they played OSU (a real elite team). aside from Rivers (LOVE his game, hate his attitude) and middle Plumlee, they just dont have the horses this year to live up to their usually elite billing. thats why i say they dont look that hot. but they still have enough to beat most teams.

Back