• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green ?

Hondo

Reaction score
Went to the SHU game Saturday night and he wasn't on the bench.

Anyone ?

BabyDeac75 has confirmed it is a health issue, I believe, and they were still doing testing. Bz said on the radio show that he had been losing weight and they didn't know why.

Any freshman guy losing weight would be cause for concern. When it's a guy who doesn't have much weight to spare, that's even worse. BabyDeac, keep us posted. I like what I've seen of him and if he can get his health together I think he can be a solid contributor down the road.

Apparently he just doesn't eat very much and doesn't like to eat. But yeah he has a mystery illness which isn't mono. He came to campus ridiculously skinny and has lost weight since being here.

Sucks to hear, hopefully it's something they'll figure out soon and be able to take care of.

If he is a skinny guy and he does not like to eat, I hate to say it but there might not be much hope for him so far as packing on pounds. With a body type like that gaining weight takes a serious commitment.

He just needs to develop a taste for beer and/or weed. Problem solved.

Did not Sam Ivy have an unusual health problem with weight loss, and water retention/dehydration? I remember he used to really soak through his uniforms when he played and it took a while to figure out what was going on with him IIRC.

Did not Sam Ivy have an unusual health problem with weight loss, and water retention/dehydration? I remember he used to really soak through his uniforms when he played and it took a while to figure out what was going on with him IIRC.

IIRC Ivy had some kind of enzyme disorder that sapped his energy and really impacted his career. He was a really nice player.

Ph -

I like what I've seen of him and if he can get his health together I think he can be a solid contributor down the road.

Only saw him in the exibition game and his brief appearances in the Old Spice games. Frankly, he was/seemed lost on the court....which I now attribute to this unknown illness gleened today.

He gets a do-over from me next season.

If a player cannot continue to play a sport and the university wants to honor his scholarship, is the player counted against the scholarship limit or does the university find another way to keep him on campus? I know nothing about his condition and don't want to suggest anything. I'm just curious, especially in light of the eric katenda situation.

Ph -

Only saw him in the exibition game and his brief appearances in the Old Spice games. Frankly, he was/seemed lost on the court....which I now attribute to this unknown illness gleened today.

He gets a do-over from me next season.

I liked his energy on the court and desire to rebound. With his frame, he can get to balls in the same way that AFA and Levy could. He doesn't have their skills for it and he's definitely not an ACC-level player now. I think he could be a decent 5-8 minute guy in a few years.

If a player cannot continue to play a sport and the university wants to honor his scholarship, is the player counted against the scholarship limit or does the university find another way to keep him on campus? I know nothing about his condition and don't want to suggest anything. I'm just curious, especially in light of the eric katenda situation.

Medical hardship allows for the player to keep his scholarship but not be counted against the scholarship limits.

Back