• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official LOB CITY CLIPPERS Thread

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
Nobody wants to dig through that other thread.

AFA would be heading the other way.

------------------------------------------------------

The Clippers would send the Hornets center Chris Kaman, backup second-year guard Eric Bledsoe, second-year forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick they got from the Minnesota Timberwolves that is unprotected in the 2012 draft, considered to be one of the best in recent years.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling and the NBA have to sign off on the deal.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20111212,0,2925892.story

According to the other thread, Hornets are going to have to potentially choose between that pick and Eric Gordon.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Clippers are refusing New Orleans-NBA steep asking price for Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports. "Deal could be dying," source says.

Sounds like the Hornets want the draft pick and Gordon, but the Clippers are only willing to give up one of the two.

Nobody is going to want to buy this team when CP3 bolts for nothing and the Hornets are left with a godawful team.

How in the world would this deal be "ok", but the Laker deal wouldn't be? Is Gordon all of the sudden more Valuable than Odom? This whole thing stinks.

How in the world would this deal be "ok", but the Laker deal wouldn't be? Is Gordon all of the sudden more Valuable than Odom? This whole thing stinks.

NBA wanted hornets to get younger players which they would get in Bledsoe and Gordon and high draft picks.

I'd take the picks, personally. Hornets will be awful next year regardless of who they get and those picks could easily both be in the top-5.

Youth, sure, but I've made this point elsewhere: Bledsoe is a 6'0 SG who struggled with his shooting and his PG transition last year. Aminu is a 6'9 tweener, who spent most of last year spotting up and not making shots. Of the other guys, Kaman is both old and injury prone, so there's that. It'll be Emeka^2 in the post. Lots of turnovers. That's going to be fun to watch.

They have potential, but in what universe does that youth actually help more than the combination of Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, and a first round pick (from the Knicks)?

Why are we defending David Stern's idiocy right now? There's no reason, outside of pandering to Gilbert and Cuban, that the trade was blocked last time.

Way to go NBA

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Hornets-Clippers deal for Chris Paul has died, league source tells Y! Sports.

Stern is an absolute fool. I agree with whoever wrote on Twitter that Paul is probably going to Cleveland for Baron... What a joke.

CP3 is the biggest loser in this. All of this is basically a big, "Fuck you, you can't leave," to him. Of course does anybody doubt that if the Knicks came up with a deal that Stern would ok it?

I am glad this fell through simply because it would have somehow been an upgraded trade from the Laker's offer. At this point I want to see Chris Paul stay with the Hornets for another year, then jet for free agency, and David Stern be left holding the bag. Hornets are going to SUCK really bad next year. If they made the Clippers deal (I would do it for the 1st round pick) then they would not only have a top 3 position because of their teams awfulness, but they would also have a high pick from the T-Wolves. With Aminu, Bledsoe, two 1st round picks in what many are predicting as a super deep draft, the Hornets would be on the road to respectability. As it stands now CP3 is going to make this team mediocre because he is the best PG in the league, so they won't get a high draft pick, CP3 will leave and they will get nothing, and then no free agents will want to sign because the team is going to be awful....

I hope Stern burns for this, and i have generally been a Stern fan for his career, but this is just blatant manipulation.

Where is RoboStern? Miss that guy.

I agree w/ most of what you said Wrangor, but I really don't want to see Chris have to join another team via free agency. That will hurt him big time salary-wise iirc.

ESPN is saying the Hornets would have gotten the pick, Aminu, Kaman and Gordon but wanted Bledsoe too so that's why the deal is off. This is comical.

Back