• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 10 ACC Teams of BCS Era

While I certainly appreciate us being on the list, I find it odd because I would say that we were very comparable in 2007 to 2006.

The fact that the 2002 Miami Hurricanes aren't on there shows that someone spent less than 10 minutes putting it together. They came within 6 points of a National Title in 2OT. Pretty sure that team was better than the 06 Deacs or the 2001 Terps. Grief.

The fact that the 2002 Miami Hurricanes aren't on there shows that someone spent less than 10 minutes putting it together. Pretty sure that team was better than the 06 Deacs or the 2001 Terps. Grief.

Unfortunately they were not in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

The fact that the 2002 Miami Hurricanes aren't on there shows that someone spent less than 10 minutes putting it together. They came within 6 points of a National Title in 2OT. Pretty sure that team was better than the 06 Deacs or the 2001 Terps. Grief.

They played in the Big East.

I am not sure about how VT in 2010 is that high on the list. They had some decent wins, but the ACC wasn't that strong that year, and they lost to Boise St(though not a bad loss, they could have won) and lost to James Madison. Also got thumped by Stanford

or that somebody spent less than 10 seconds thinking about why they weren't.

The 1998 Florida State team should be third. They had to use their 3rd string QB in the National Title game that year and still only lost to seven to Tennessee.

Bobby Bowden and the 'Noles caught some really lucky breaks. It's amazing that he only won 2 National Titles.

The 1998 Florida State team should be third. They had to use their 3rd string QB in the National Title game that year and still only lost to seven to Tennessee.

Bobby Bowden and the 'Noles caught some really lucky breaks. It's amazing that he only won 2 National Titles.

Ah yes, the Marcus "Rooster" Outzen, QB national championship game. If I recall correctly, Tennessee's punter made a touchdown saving tackle on Peter Warrick - pretty big when you lose by 7 points. Janikowski also missed an extra point in that game.

:plos:Facepalm:slash:

Back