• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time for three banners to go up or more

Bones McKinney

Reaction score
We either need to hoist three banners to the rafters in the Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum or take one down.

Bones McKinney, who won two ACC championships when I was in school plus our only Final Four, Carl Tacy, who took 2 teams to the Elite Eight and recruited three of the players who are in the rafters, Dave Odom, who won two ACC titles, had a Elite Eight team and recruited three of the players who are in the rafters, should all be up there. While we are at it put Murray Greason up there also. He won 274 games at Wake Forest.

Why is Skip Prosser up there as a coach when no other coaches are up there?

We either need to hoist three banners to the rafters in the Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum or take one down.

Bones McKinney, who won two ACC championships when I was in school plus our only Final Four, Carl Tacy, who took 2 teams to the Elite Eight and recruited three of the players who are in the rafters, Dave Odom, who won two ACC titles, had a Elite Eight team and recruited three of the players who are in the rafters, should all be up there. While we are at it put Murray Greason up there also. He won 274 games at Wake Forest.

It's there as a memorial to him since he passed away while he was our head coach.

How do we keep having this discussion?

At some point it will be time to take it down (/find a different place for it), but not yet.

Really wish I hadn't opened this thread. And to think I thought it would just be another dumb thread about Chris Paul.

Bones,

You're a disgrace to the board. Turn in your posting privileges at the next depot.

^^^(Paraphrasing from the Fletch car chase scene)

Maybe the guy with the red dot under his name shouldn't say that but it seems appropriate and hopefully a little humorous.

Last edited:
Does Keeper have two logins?

And, seriously, what the hell happened to bkf? Looks like he had all of his posts deleted?

I say we retire the Screamin' Demons and put their shirt in the rafters, then we burn it.

I agree that we should put some coaches in the rafters with players, but not for the reason that Skip is there.

we should hang our current coach in the rafters. no banner tho

I honestly can't believe somebody actually posted this??? :confused:

This might be the dumbest thread in the history of the boards, and that's saying a lot considering I frequent the politics board.

A rare negrep from me is in order. Perhaps only the 2nd one ever issued on my behalf.

Back