• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Journal Article on Bowl Practices

Really surprised that they practiced last night.

Really surprised that they practiced last night.

I imagine it was really just something light to get their feet back under themselves and get everybody together after a 2 week break.

That's kind of interesting, in that folks always cite the fact that you get extra practice as a big benefit of going bowling, but it sounds like we'll only have about 10 practices between the Vandy game and the bowl game, and a couple of those sound like they'll be very limited. I guess any extra practice is good, but it doesn't sound as significant as I thought it would be.

How about the 6 teams that are playing this weekend? There are getting almost no extra practice time. They got less than 2 weeks notice from the date bowl bids were released until gameday.

Also, considering that essentially every college is in the middle of exams right now the fact that 6 teams can play bowl games this week pretty much ends the argument (as does the 1-AA playoffs) that a post season tournament is impossible because it conflicts with exam schedules.

Also, considering that essentially every college is in the middle of exams right now the fact that 6 teams can play bowl games this week pretty much ends the argument (as does the 1-AA playoffs) that a post season tournament is impossible because it conflicts with exam schedules.

Yeah, I heard from a football player or so on campus that it was relieving just to be a regular student again

That's kind of interesting, in that folks always cite the fact that you get extra practice as a big benefit of going bowling, but it sounds like we'll only have about 10 practices between the Vandy game and the bowl game, and a couple of those sound like they'll be very limited. I guess any extra practice is good, but it doesn't sound as significant as I thought it would be.

I'd be interested to know if the whole team has been off for two weeks, or just the starters and those who play significant minutes. I heard Mike Leach on the radio (before he took the WSU job) and he mentioned that he often used the first part of the extra practices to give reps to underclassmen who had not been playing.....almost like a mini-spring practice period.

Back