• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Bush named to AP All-America team

94wfudeacon

Reaction score
Congrats Josh!

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121411aac.html

Dec. 14, 2011

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Josh Bush, a senior safety for Wake Forest, has been named to the Associated Press All-America team. The Lexington, N.C. native was selected to the All-America third team.

Bush, a 5-11, 205-pound senior from West Davidson High School, is second in the ACC and sixth in the nation with six interceptions this season. He has 56 tackles on the year and 115 interception return yards. Bush had two interceptions against Notre Dame with his other picks coming against NC State, Boston College, Florida State and Clemson.

Earlier, Bush was named a first team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection. He is the first Demon Deacon chosen to the AP All-America team since 2008 when Alphonso Smith was a first team selection and Aaron Curry was named to the second team.

Wake Forest will play Mississippi State in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl on Dec. 30 in Nashville.

Way to go, Josh!

Congrats on a great senior season.

Remember..........one more game to go. Make it a good one.

Go Deacs.

Wow, who would've thought that could be possible. Major props to Josh for all his hard work and great season.

Wow, who would've thought that could be possible. Major props to Josh for all his hard work and great season.

Seriously. I remember when I thought he needed to be benched but I guess that was when he was playing CB and not safety. Guess he found his position?

Grats Josh. Now go get us a couple more picks vs MSU, kthx.

That is fucking fantastic!! Congratulations of the highest order to Josh. STUD.

amazing transformation in a couple of years - great for him.

Exhibit A as to why red-shirting is so important for WF.

Most players are far more valuable as 5th year seniors than at any other point in their college careers. Had Josh finished up last year, many would've claimed he was a wasted scholarship; now, he will go down as one of a handful WF football players to be named an all-american. Kudos!

Wonderful.

I hope Kenny Okoro takes note of Josh's career path.

Back