• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish Waived - Update -Picked up by Warriors

WFUtoUSC

Reaction score
The Griz waived Ish Smith http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8830

Edited to say that there's no reason for this to have it's own thread and I should have checked the NBA thread. Someone with the power please delete.

Last edited:
Don't know the board etiquette on new threads, but thanks for posting. Would never have checked the NBA thread and something regarding a Deacon player is noteworthy.

I don't think it should be deleted bc it is pertinent info to wfu and the casual observer might not click on the NBA thread.

Yep, not deleting because I wouldn't have known this myself if not for the thread.

WF athlete specific stuff can get their own threads.

Sucks for Ish though, hopefully he'll get picked up by someone that can use him. The Bobcats would be nice.

I don't think he'll be without work very long. Ish has game-changing speed. Plus he's a hard worker.

I'm still surprised the Rockets didn't keep him even after everyone came back from injury.

Yup. Like to see Ish picked up. Don't follow NBA much, but will always tune in to watch a deac. Would love for a deac to make it to Charlotte. Might would actually make it to a few games to watch Ish playing for Bobcats. I hope he finds another spot somewhere.

Strange night for former Deacs. Ish waived, Paul and Aminu trading places. Wish we could get them all on one team.

lakers desperately need speed at the PG position. make it happen mitch.

Whatever happened to the Fish that ate Pittsburgh?

That guy LOVED Ish

Not surprisingly really. They never played him in they playoffs so I don't think they really trusted him. Somebody else's gain I guess

I'm still surprised the Rockets didn't keep him even after everyone came back from injury.

I would think that the Rockets would be one of the teams that might find him very attractive. He wasn't on TV too much (even during that stretch when Brooks was out) and the only teams that I think he impressed would be the Pacers in pre-season, Lakers (who were pretty funny in their comments about him tearing them up when he was in) and the Spurs who he came very close to beating at the buzzer.

As for the Bobcats, IIRC, he really didn't play well here in their one game against the 'cats so I don't think they'd be lathered up about him. And with the investment in a first rounder like Kemba, and with DJ coming back apparently in best shape ever, not sure he'd be remotely needed.

Does the Trailblazers have anyone after Felton? I thought I read their reserve PG was stuck in some contract in China for another four months ...

I would think that the Rockets would be one of the teams that might find him very attractive. He wasn't on TV too much (even during that stretch when Brooks was out) and the only teams that I think he impressed would be the Pacers in pre-season, Lakers (who were pretty funny in their comments about him tearing them up when he was in) and the Spurs who he came very close to beating at the buzzer.

As for the Bobcats, IIRC, he really didn't play well here in their one game against the 'cats so I don't think they'd be lathered up about him. And with the investment in a first rounder like Kemba, and with DJ coming back apparently in best shape ever, not sure he'd be remotely needed.

Does the Trailblazers have anyone after Felton? I thought I read their reserve PG was stuck in some contract in China for another four months ...
I'm still not sure why the Rockets got rid of him, he was playing pretty well for them.

Back