• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC To Play 18 Conf Games Starting Next Season

mrdavetv

Reaction score
GREENSBORO, NC – Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford announced today that beginning in the 2012-13 season the league will play an 18-game conference schedule in men’s and women’s basketball.

“Our member institutions have been talking about this increase for awhile and knowing our league will be expanding to 14 in the future, we’ve decided to move to an 18-game conference schedule next year, regardless of our membership number," said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “The additional conference games create a more equitable schedule and we’ve received significant feedback from our fans for more conference games.”

Like it; absolutely necessary with a 14 team conference. Hope the ACC goes to 9 games for football as well.

Good move. Long overdue. Would be for 9 in football as well.

Definitely in for 9 in football...are the Cuse and Pitt in for next year yet? Do we know?

Any word on what the Division re-alignment will look like with Pitt and Cuse in the conference? I hope we don't get shipped to the Northern division and never play the other North Carolina schools.

I wonder what Coach [Redacted] thinks about this news?

Good news. I know they were thinking about GT flipping divisions before expansion so I wouldn't be surprised if if that happened since right now the two closest schools to Atlanta are in the other division.

Last edited:
Any word on what the Division re-alignment will look like with Pitt and Cuse in the conference? I hope we don't get shipped to the Northern division and never play the other North Carolina schools.

Swofford was on with Dave Glenn a few days ago and he says the Atlantic and Coastal divisions will stay. Also, it's looking likely that Pitt and SU will have one more year in the BE and then join the ACC in 2013 once the BE has all their new additions.

Back