• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty hires Turner Gill and makes big announcement

wefinish

Reaction score
Today Liberty University held a press conference to announce their new head football coach, Turner Gill. He didn't fare so well at his previous gig at Kansas, but spent 13 years at Nebraska as an assistant and coached Buffalo to their only bowl game.
The big announcement from the Chancellor and AD was that they are looking to join the FBS in the very near future.
Just thought I'd post this since we have them on the schedule for next year.

Link:
http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=8204

Link to FBS statement:
http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=44319

Last edited:
Isn't that old news? They've been talking about FBS for awhile now.

Hopefully the fact that Liberty hired a black head coach who has a white wife will help people not lump them in with other conservative Christian institutions.

Hopefully the fact that Liberty hired a black head coach who has a white wife will help people not lump them in with other conservative Christian institutions.

They have been discussing it for a while, but they "officially" announced it that they were going to begin research and logistics and hope to have some sort of offer by a FBS conference or at least a good push by spring.

numbers, that's 85 Tebows. 85. Don't hate.

That's a fair point but the fact that Falwell is the chancellor will probably negate it and cause people to still lump them in with other conservative christian institutions.

Falwell is no longer the Chancellor. He passed away more than three years ago I believe.

Hypothetically, if Liberty moved to FBS by the spring, would that affect our scheduling with them?

From one of the hottest coaching commodities to Liberty in 2 years.

being a student at Liberty this is the first i've heard of it goes to show how much I care lol.

Back