• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just watched Tyler Lewis

Deke 73

Reaction score
start at point for Oak Hill against the #2 ranked high school team. He played a phenomenal all-around game with constant accolades from the announces. Oak Hill's coach said Tyler is one of best 2 passers to ever play for Oak Hill. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Tyler is from Winston-Salem and played for both Rusty LaRue adn Craig Dawson at Forsyth Country Day. It is my recollection that Tyler received a verbal to play for Wake while Dino was head coach and he appeared headed to be a Deac. This young man is a can't miss point guard and will become an immediate fan favorite. But when Jeff [Redacted] became head coach, he withdrew the verbal and wanted to evaluate Lewis on his own, in spite of Rusty's confidence in his previous point guard. This evaluation took an extended period of time, but by the time he finally decided to re-issue the verbal, Tyler was rightfully agitated and disenchanted and committed to NC State. Here was a local point guard good enough to start at point for one of the best high school teams in the country. He could have been our commitment, but our esteemed head coach let him get away. I have felt like [Redacted] was a bad hire from the beginning and I have seen nothing whatsoever to even begin to change my mind.

Our coaches like the PG we got better :shrug

Dude reminds me of Steve Nash so much. On offense and defense. Make of that what you will.

I can't believe yall let him get out of Winston down to Raleigh. But then again it seems like that for most elite Winston players.

Which coaches? - I guess time will tell if we got the right guy. If that was the case, why did we re-issue the offer?

Dude reminds me of Steve Nash so much. On offense and defense. Make of that what you will.

I can't believe yall let him get out of Winston down to Raleigh. But then again it seems like that for most elite Winston players.

Tyler Lewis reminds you of one of the NBA's top 10 PGs of all time? Jesus Christ.

I watched him play last week. He's going to be a good college player, that's it.

Played a very good game and is really fun to watch. His passing is second to none and he has developed a really good floater to score when necessary. He will help State reel in top level recruits. Great to see him do so well on the big stage.

Isn't he from Statesville?

Anyway I watched the game... he played well. People are going a little too nuts for him though.

rpurvis_5 Rodney Purvis
I hope everyone is witnessing this WHITE CHOCOLATE from Oak Hill Acaedmy who will play for the North Carolina Wolf Pack next year !!!

This made me laugh for a couple different reasons

rpurvis_5 Rodney Purvis
I hope everyone is witnessing this WHITE CHOCOLATE from Oak Hill Acaedmy who will play for the North Carolina Wolf Pack next year !!!

This made me laugh for a couple different reasons

Those exclamation points were too important for a missing word. #NotEnoughCharacters

I'm not saying he's going to be that good. His game just reminds me of Steve Nash.

most. not all.

Yea you are off base here. Cant think of many WS guys that WF wanted that didnt end up in the black and gold. And thats coming from a wolfpacker.

start at point for Oak Hill against the #2 ranked high school team. He played a phenomenal all-around game with constant accolades from the announces. Oak Hill's coach said Tyler is one of best 2 passers to ever play for Oak Hill. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Tyler is from Winston-Salem and played for both Rusty LaRue adn Craig Dawson at Forsyth Country Day. It is my recollection that Tyler received a verbal to play for Wake while Dino was head coach and he appeared headed to be a Deac. This young man is a can't miss point guard and will become an immediate fan favorite. But when Jeff [Redacted] became head coach, he withdrew the verbal and wanted to evaluate Lewis on his own, in spite of Rusty's confidence in his previous point guard. This evaluation took an extended period of time, but by the time he finally decided to re-issue the verbal, Tyler was rightfully agitated and disenchanted and committed to NC State. Here was a local point guard good enough to start at point for one of the best high school teams in the country. He could have been our commitment, but our esteemed head coach let him get away. I have felt like [Redacted] was a bad hire from the beginning and I have seen nothing whatsoever to even begin to change my mind.

How does he compare in your opinion to CMM? I'm going to bet you havent seen him in person so no need to start a thread that you intended to end up as a Bzz bashing thread.

Watched some of the Oak Hill/Miller Grove game during dinner tonight. I think either of those two teams would give Wake a good game right now.

Chris Paul says hi.

Nash is deadly from the 3 and has deep, deep range. Lewis is a liability from beyond the arc. You would not make this comparison if they both were not white.

How does he compare in your opinion to CMM? I'm going to bet you havent seen him in person so no need to start a thread that you intended to end up as a Bzz bashing thread.

Buzz deserves to be bashed. He has not done one thing to connect with fans, media, students, etc. He has no personality and, in my opinion is a lousy fit for our head coaching position. He is willing to throw his past and current players under the bus to deflect his ineptness.

Back