• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Woods article

CrapshootDeac

Reaction score
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but there was a Tony Woods article in today's Register-Guard, the local paper here in Eugene. Tony certainly says all the right things, and Dana Altman appears to have confidence in him (although his play has been fairly average so far). Here's a familiar refrain from his underachieving days at Wake:

“I wish he’d be more demanding of himself all the time ‘cause he’s a special talent, he really is,” Altman said. “There’s a lot there and we’ve got to keep pushing him and get it out of him.”

“He’s got to quit picking and choosing when to post up strong and when to go block shots. He’s got to be more consistent, but I don’t think there’s any doubt he can do those things.”

If he posted up strong he could really break the back of the opposing defense.

To use a space term, Tony was the black hole on offense. Just like light never gets out of the black hole, the ball never came out when passed in to Tony.

To use a space term, Tony was the black hole on offense. Just like light never gets out of the black hole, the ball never came out when passed in to Tony.

Thanks - but I think most people know what a black hole is.

The stairs to success are in front of him, if he breaks his back in the the gym he can play at the next felon level.

The first weekend I saw Tony play I called him Duran. It was accurate throughout his stay at Wake.

I remember the video of him in AAU ball. The outcome doesn't surprise me.

How somebody blessed with that frame, size, and athleticism is not better is mindblowing. If you give Arsalan Kazemi's brain that body, then you have a Hall of Famer.

How somebody blessed with that frame, size, and athleticism is not better is mindblowing. If you give Arsalan Kazemi's brain that body, then you have a Hall of Famer.

Assuming you could fix his hands of stone. If you can't do that, his ceiling is barely above his head.

Pretty sure he and Ty would make Vitale's all airport team. Not a great job of talent analysis by the prior regime.

Back