• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe's wife files for divorce- he had no prenup

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Kobe Bryant's wife has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Vanessa Bryant filed legal docs Friday afternoon, citing "irreconcilable differences."

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Vanessa -- who stuck by Kobe after he was charged with sexually assaulting a Colorado woman in 2003 -- decided to end the marriage because she believes Kobe has been unfaithful ... again.

As one source puts it, "She's been dealing with these incidents for a long time and has been a faithful wife, but she's finally had enough," adding, "This one is the straw that broke the camel's back."

And our sources say ... Kobe "desperately" wants to win Vanessa back and will do "whatever it takes" to save their 10 1/2 year marriage.

According to the legal docs, Vanessa is asking for joint custody of their 2 daughters -- 8-year-old Natalia and 5-year-old Gianna -- but Vanessa is asking that Kobe get visitation rights, which means she wants the kids in her care most of the time.

We've learned the couple has NO PRENUP, so 29-year-old Vanessa is entitled to half of the empire Kobe built over the last decade.

She's also requesting spousal support ... which is typical in divorce cases. Kobe, who filed his response to the divorce minutes after Vanessa filed her petition, says he will pay her spousal support.

According to the docs, Vanessa is being repped by disso-queen Laura Wasser and attorney Samantha Klein. Wasser reps oodles of celebs, including Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Maria Shriver and Kim Kardashian.

Kobe went to the Jay-Z concert Tuesday night in L.A. without Vanessa, and people who saw him there say he looked miserable.
Vanessa signed the divorce petition on December 1. Kobe signed his response on December 7.

Oh yeah, that $4 million ring Kobe gave Vanessa after the 2003 scandal .... It's all hers. A gift is a gift.

The Bryants released a joint statement ... saying they have "resolved all issues" privately, with the assistance of counsel.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/16/kobe-bryant-wife-divorce/
Happier Days :tear:
kobe-bryant1.jpg

Vanessa sounds like she was a joy to be around.
Kobe Bryant's Maid Walks Away With Six Figures
Kobe and Vanessa "Do I Look Illegal?" Bryant have settled a "wrongful discharge" lawsuit that was brought by a former maid who alleged she was forced to perform demeaning tasks and was verbally abused by the Lakers star's wife.

TMZ reported that Maria Jimenez got a $200,000 settlement, with $130,000 going in her pocket, pre-tax, and the rest enriching her legal representatives. (The Bryants' attorneys late Wednesday denied she received one penny). She alleged in her suit that Vanessa Bryant once forced her to sift through dog poop to find a receipt; that she had to endure the watchful eyes of security cameras at the Bryant home, even when she changed clothes; and that she was verbally abused by the female Bryant.

Jimenez had been fired by the Bryants, and much of her wrongful termination suit was dismissed. But part of it was allowed to forward -- apparently enough for the Bryants to decide to make a deal. A countersuit by the Bryants alleging that Jimenez violated the terms of a nondisclosure agreement was being dropped as part of the settlement.

Vanessa Bryant, rumored to be a notorious diva, sparked headlines earlier this month when she wore a "Do I Look Illegal?" t-shirt to a Lakers game to demonstrate opposition to Arizona's controversial immigration law.
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/05/kobe_bryant_maid_suit.php

Kobe's Maid Sues -- It Was the Crappiest Job Ever
Maria Jimenez claims Vanessa called her "lazy, slow, dumb, a f---ing liar, and f---ing sh-t."

In the lawsuit filed in Superior Court in Orange County, Jimenez claims Vanessa accused her of stealing her (mouth) retainer.

Jimenez says it got so bad -- Vanessa allegedly "badgered, harassed and humiliated Maria by yelling and screaming at Maria and criticizing her in front of Kobe, the Bryants' children, employees and other people in the household" -- she threatened to quit but Kobe talked her out of it.

The final straw: Vanessa went nuclear because Maria put an expensive blouse in the washer. Vanessa demanded that Maria put her hand in a bag of dog feces to retrieve the price tag for the blouse.

Maria says she wanted to quit and Vanessa responded that she "had to work until payday to pay for the $690 blouse, which she did."
http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/25/kobe-maid-it-was-the-crappiest-job-ever/

When Karl Malone was on the Lakers apparently he used to always hit on her, causing a rift between the Mailman and Kobe. One time Malone was wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy boots and Vanessa Bryant asked him what he was hunting and he said, "little Mexican girls".

bill simmons had the best line about the ring. 8 karats to match his jersey number and purple because it happened on the road.

I think that's a fake bkf. And I think his post count is too low. But he does sound a lot like the real bkf so maybe he left and came back.

I think it is bkf but he just deleted a bunch of his posts. Your post count actually goes down for deleting posts on this board.

One of my favorite tweets from the last few weeks:

@netw3rk Listening to Kobe speak extemporaneously is like listening to a serial killer pretending to be normal.

Guess Vanessa finally realized money can't make up for being married to a basketball machine.

Why the fuck would she still get spousal support if she gets half of his fortune in the divorce?

Maybe the people who put this site together should rethink the problems that can arise from having a setup that allows one poster to change another person's post?

Pretty much standard message board procedure... plus no one is changing your posts (unless it is a mod). They are only editing the quote in their own post. If you would leave your posts up it would be there for everyone to see.

They are attributing an altered post to a poster who never said what he is being quoted as saying.

Yes... it is sometimes called a FTFY (Fixed That For You) and aside from not allowing people to post at all, which would defeat the purpose of a message board, it is impossible to stop in its entirety. That is not in the hands of the mods/creators of the boards.

Why do you keep deleting your posts, bkf? Help us help you.

Having had the chance to meet Kobe and then have one of his close friends (Shammond Williams) speak in a class of mine, I can honestly say that I completely changed my view towards him (from thinking he was an arrogant ass to someone who is very nice but seeming lacks social skills). The dude grew up basically without any friends really and his only release was basketball. All he knew growing up was basketball and is one of the most anti-social people ever ("home school effect"). He went from being totally outside the spotlight to front and center, which took him by surprise and he had no clue how to handle it off the court. He'd be in clubs and have his friends introduce him to girls because he had no practice talking to them. The team would go out for dinner and he'd only talk to one person as he did not know how to carry a conversation with a group. Obviously he has gotten better but the guy is very nice. Not going to get into the whole Denver situation.

Anyways, he's probably better off getting away from this crazy chick.

Back