• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So... should the Packers be allowed to play in the Super Bowl this year?

Chris

Reaction score
I mean sure, they only have 1 loss, but that 1 loss came against the absolutely awful 5-8 Chiefs! I mean it's pretty simple, when you lose to a team like the 5-8 Chiefs (!!!!) you can't possibly be one of the top 2 teams in the league, right? So why should they even get a shot?

Besides 9 of the last 14 Super Bowl winners came from the AFC Conference, so clearly that's the superior conference. Can you really blame the voters if they decide to put 2 AFC teams in the Super Bowl this year? The Packers would have nobody to blame but themselves. All they had to do was beat the 5-8 Chiefs !!!!!!!1!1!

Oh wait, this isn't the BCS.

FYI: I stole this from another forum. I wish I could take credit for this.

I mean, if you only had one spot up for grabs, and it was between 13-1 GB who lost to KC, and 13-1 team x who lost to the 14-0 team, then no, they shouldn't.

:)

There are a bizzilon arguments that can be used to discredit the BCS...this is not one of them.

I am so confused. What is this even supposed to be in parallel to? Can't be commentary on the BCS...

There are a bizzilon arguments that can be used to discredit the BCS...this is not one of them.

Especially since Slive & the SEC along with a second from Swofford & the ACC tried to get a Plus One in 2007 and the Big 12 & PAC 10 voted it down. So they make the bed & now must lie in it. The 2 best teams in college football are playing for the title this year.

Who is to say that only 4 could be in the title chase? Team #5 would be screaming & yelling just like Ok St and the rest are this year [ that could have been Boise, who also has a realistic chance to win a few games in a row in a playoff scenario ]. The regular season in college football is a 12 or 13 game playoff.

Especially since Slive & the SEC along with a second from Swofford & the ACC tried to get a Plus One in 2007 and the Big 12 & PAC 10 voted it down. So they make the bed & now must lie in it. The 2 best teams in college football are playing for the title this year.

PAC and B1G don't want anyone fucking with their precious Rose Bowl.

Who is to say that only 4 could be in the title chase? Team #5 would be screaming & yelling just like Ok St and the rest are this year.

Of course, but the further you move down the list, the less real right they have to complain.

People always bitch and moan about the bubble teams in CBB too, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a tournament. Settle it on the field.

Of course, but the further you move down the list, the less real right they have to complain.

People always bitch and moan about the bubble teams in CBB too, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a tournament. Settle it on the field.

:werd:

Back