• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

official atp thread.

deacs1995

i gave at the office
Reaction score
this probably wont be on the first page for very long but let's talk tennis. is djokovic poised to be the next number one in the world? with fed getting older and nadal always injured, seems to me he's primed for number one.

He's certainly playing like it now. Hopefully we have Nadal, Fed, Djokovic, DelPo and Murray healthy for most of the year. Could be really interesting.

djokovic-fish day session and fed-nadal night session. should be a fun day.

if fish wins, he climbs into the top 10. he will already be the highest ranked american. go mardy.

rain delay. tough break for fish as he's really started off playing well.

djoker wins the first set. fish had many chances but djoker had some very clutch serving on break points for fish.

first time nadal/fed have played each other in the US in 6 years.

Fish didn't have much after the rain delay. Oh well.

Tonight should be a great match, too bad its only 2 out of 3 sets.

Djokovic will continue to look very impressive until the tour returns to the European clay court circuit. I don't think clay is his best surface, but he has redefined dominance on hard courts this year. If he can carry this forward into the US hardcourt season and US Open, he'll have the inside track at the year-end #1 ranking.

For those interested in the tournament being played in Winston in August, I learned today that ticket information should be coming out later this month.

This match has been very disappointing. Nadal absolutely hammering Fed.

Nadal has moved Fed all over the court, putting shots deep while Fed has returned to the service line everytime. No adjustments by Fed either.

Not sure Fed is going to win another major in his career, though there are so few real stars right now that he should still get to the quarters or semis pretty easily. An upset here and there and he might avoid playing Djoker or Rafa and win one.

Nadal has moved Fed all over the court, putting shots deep while Fed has returned to the service line everytime. No adjustments by Fed either.

Not sure Fed is going to win another major in his career, though there are so few real stars right now that he should still get to the quarters or semis pretty easily. An upset here and there and he might avoid playing Djoker or Rafa and win one.

Interesting that you put it that way. Seems to me there are a lot of a real stars these days, there's just very little depth beyond the top 5 or so.

Interesting that you put it that way. Seems to me there are a lot of a real stars these days, there's just very little depth beyond the top 5 or so.

I guess by stars I mean there aren't many who have a real shot to win a major or knock Fed off until late rounds. Which would be about the top 5. Even being on the decline, Fed is still a threat to win one, though I would not predict he will.

Fed, Djoker, Nadal clearly can; Murray is one of the best without a major. Soderling has the ability to get deep in a tournament, but like Murray has always run into one of the top 3.

nadal djokovic final today at 1 on cbs.

nadal-djokovic going to the 3rd set. nadal wins the first set. djokovic takes the 2nd.

unbelievable tennis. 3rd set tiebreaker. it takes so many good shots just to win one point.

Back