• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Linebackers Provide Core going forward

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The stat line for the LB crew shows a very promising pattern as each player significantly improved production from 2010 to 2011.

Mike Olson and Justin Jackson led the charge...

Olson : 57 tackles/6 TFL for 18yds/2 Fum Rec/1 QBH

Jackson : 52 tackles/6.5 TFL for 37 yds/1 Sack 14 yds/1 BLK kick/2 Fum

Betros : 52 tackles/3.5 TFL for 5 yds/ 2 pass br up

Ehrman: 50 tackles/2.5 TFL for 7 yds/1 INT for 50 yds/1 QBH/1 Fum/1 Fum rec.

Haynes : 49 tackles/ 6.0 TFL for 23 yds/ 1 Sack for 12 yds/2 pass bu/2qbh

* after a slow start Zachary Allen got better and better as the season progressed -- 22 tackles/1 INT/1 tfl/ -- **his stats are just shy of Mike Olson's RS FR season. I expect 'exponential' advance from this guy.

None of these guys have 'peaked' yet and some have tremendous upward potential -- Olson, Jackson and Allen have the chance (based on ability) to make quantum jumps into 2012.

Last edited:
Agree that our LBs look pretty good for the next few years and that we've got some pretty good depth and youth. Does not seem to be a recruting priorty this year........although I am very exciting about the 1 LB commit we do have in the 2012 class.
It also appears that the recruiting focus this year has been on offense and I would guess we will be going heavier on D for the 2013 class.

thoughts, comments or speculation anyone?

Hey Lectro, how likely is it we convert Godspower Offor to linebacker?

Jackson - in particular got better and better as the season progressed. By the end of the year, he was critical to the defense.

I'm really excited about watching Olson, Jackson and Allen play for the Deacs the next few years.

I agree on the stat line but from watching games, it looks like our Jax lb's are a little slow. Better than the HH MW combo but not as fast as others on our team.

Hey Lectro, why didn't u answer my fucking question? How about instead of starting a ton of threads and being an overall douche u pay attention to the threads u start?

Hey Lectro, why didn't u answer my fucking question? How about instead of starting a ton of threads and being an overall douche u pay attention to the threads u start?

Hesus Kristy kid I've been out shopping! :)

Hahahahaha...anyway, how the fk am I supposed to know about Godspower and a possible move to LB!?

Whew... Ok...Godspower appears to be a DE. He has burst on the edge and a good wingspan. He's a notch above the recent athletes in his line (Dorty, Ellis) but he is still raw. He should be close to 255 on his 6'3 frame by opening day 2012.

Merry Christmas Jroc !

Lectro, love the info., keep it coming. Since we are talking lb's, what is your assessment of the true freshmen lb's.? Would appreciate your comments as to their development and future contributions.

I certainly wouldn't mind a 6'3 255 OLB! But its whatever the coaching staff feels is best. I think OLB was a weakness on the team this season. I expect big things from Allen in the future but I must say I think we have seen the ceiling of Ehrmann. We need more from the position and I hope a guy like Josh Hunt can give it to us. It seems like we are thin at this position numbers wise. I dont really think Pineda is much more than a potential depth guy.

I certainly wouldn't mind a 6'3 255 OLB! But its whatever the coaching staff feels is best. I think OLB was a weakness on the team this season. I expect big things from Allen in the future but I must say I think we have seen the ceiling of Ehrmann. We need more from the position and I hope a guy like Josh Hunt can give it to us. It seems like we are thin at this position numbers wise. I dont really think Pineda is much more than a potential depth guy.

The thing that is curious about Pineda is that he produced as a 6'1-200 pound LB in H.S. (over 110 tackles season) and was a mid major LB prospect who ran a 4.7-4.8 40. Well, I don't know how tall he is today but he looks about 6 foot 6 and weighing around 250. He is still a 4.7-4.8 guy but on a much different scale. He's not a prospect like Brandon Drumgoole or somebody trying to become a football player...Pineda is a football player first who just happened to have a tremendous growth spurt late...

I'd really like to see our linebackers have about 50 less tackles and our defensive linemen to have about 50 more.

I'd really like to see our linebackers have about 50 less tackles and our defensive linemen to have about 50 more.

I think that Frank Souza is emerging from the doghouse...At WF we don't give up on guys (ask Kenny Moore, Josh Bush, Dembry and a host of others) .... Anyway, Frank is a big kid, probably 6'3-295 heading into his RS JR season and is still the guy who won the Florida Clean and Jerk at 350 pounds -- Julius Peppers set the UNC record at 363 as a RS JR. So then, bull-like strength and a wrestler's pedigree is what Frank brings to the table and I hope we see the player who earned 25 scholarships show up full force for 2012.

Shelldon Lewinson is an 'out of the box' type and will greatly help Whitlock. Also expect Zack and Kris to be up 10-15 pounds and with some salt at DE alomng with the additions of Floyd and Offor. Ellis provides depth and SR leadership.

* And yes, we still hold a flicker for one season from Ramon...

Preach it Pastor Lectro!

I think that Frank Souza is emerging from the doghouse...At WF we don't give up on guys (ask Kenny Moore, Josh Bush, Dembry and a host of others) .... Anyway, Frank is a big kid, probably 6'3-295 heading into his RS JR season and is still the guy who won the Florida Clean and Jerk at 350 pounds -- Julius Peppers set the UNC record at 363 as a RS JR. So then, bull-like strength and a wrestler's pedigree is what Frank brings to the table and I hope we see the player who earned 25 scholarships show up full force for 2012.

Shelldon Lewinson is an 'out of the box' type and will greatly help Whitlock. Also expect Zack and Kris to be up 10-15 pounds and with some salt at DE alomng with the additions of Floyd and Offor. Ellis provides depth and SR leadership.

* And yes, we still hold a flicker for one season from Ramon...

Back