• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USC - Barkley Staying or Going?

If he goes, he's probably getting drafted by either WAS or MIA. Not that predicting that should influence his decision but worth noting.

USC might win a playoff if there was a 16 team tourney this year (and they weren't banned from it ;-))

If he goes, he's probably getting drafted by either WAS or MIA. Not that predicting that should influence his decision but worth noting.

If he plans on being a top 10 pick he is always going to be stuck with options like that.

I think the Skins would take RGIII over him but that is just speculation

Pretty dick move to #scoop Barkley.

Guess it could have just been a wishful text

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy
RT @Andy_Staples: RT @AB_USC: My fellow brother matt is coming back So we can win the natty daddy, then leave & be number 1 over all! #fact

USC being anointed as the "it" team already virtually guarantees that they won't win it all.

Let's be honest - the Skins have Rex. They don't need a QB. They need OL.

Plus anyone back there in the Skins OL is going to be clobbered. I would rather not have Barkley back there as a sitting duck. He might be shell shocked like Ramsey was with the ole ball coach.

Also - Bama, I don't think so. Those kids played hungry the second half of the year. Arguably they could have been undefeated this year. They lost a tight one to Stanford that could have gone either way and their lost to ASU was when things were just getting rolling for them. Lots of young kids that were starting and the defense still learning that MONTE Tampa 2 scheme. 16 starters returning next year with payback in mind for not getting to play in the PAC 12 ship game this year. I think they are a team to reckon with.

Also - Bama, I don't think so. Those kids played hungry the second half of the year. Arguably they could have been undefeated this year. They lost a tight one to Stanford that could have gone either way and their lost to ASU was when things were just getting rolling for them. Lots of young kids that were starting and the defense still learning that MONTE Tampa 2 scheme. 16 starters returning next year with payback in mind for not getting to play in the PAC 12 ship game this year. I think they are a team to reckon with.

They'll be in the conversation, for sure. It's just that USC seems like a trendy pick right now, and teams like that often don't pan out. It sort of reminds me how UGA was preseason number one in 2008 after blowing out Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl and returning all of those starters from the year before, then they ended up a relatively disappointing 10-3. Trendiness aside, it's relatively uncommon for the preseason favorite to win it all. Only '99 FSU and '04 USC come to mind from the BCS era.

They'll be in the conversation, for sure. It's just that USC seems like a trendy pick right now, and teams like that often don't pan out. It sort of reminds me how UGA was preseason number one in 2008 after blowing out Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl and returning all of those starters from the year before, then they ended up a relatively disappointing 10-3. Trendiness aside, it's relatively uncommon for the preseason favorite to win it all. Only '99 FSU and '04 USC come to mind from the BCS era.

you sound like a bama fan that is upset they aren't preseason favorites

you sound like a bama fan that is upset they aren't preseason favorites

That would only matter if I thought being preseason #1 helped a team win a NC. I'm suggesting the opposite, so actually, I fully embrace our new USC football overlords.

Risky but he should have a great season and be the #1 pick next year.

Back