• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UTEP crushes Clemson in Hoops

Clemson is a pretty bad team this year, too. With BC at the bottom, we might be fighting them for 10th place.

Now. But looking last night UTEP was ranked 1 spot ahead of us.

Truth, looks like Clemson just couldn't make a shot to save their lives. It was by far the best defensive effort on that front by UTEP on the season

I am not convinced that Clemson isn't in that same group, kenpom nonwithstanding.

they have lost Charleston, S. Carolina and Coastal all at home and lost to UTEP on a neutral site by double digits.

Thats a team with 4 losses to teams ranked 100 or worse, 3 of which at home and no wins over a top 100 team, and they are ranked in the 70s by kenpom.

I think KenPom overrates teams that have good defenses and poor offenses. They may actually be around where KenPom has them, but at the end of the day these teams are very susceptible to being "upset" (since if you can't score you can't win). Unfortunately for the ACC this year four teams fit this mold:

UVA (70 spot difference)
Florida State (160 spot difference)
Clemson (170 spot difference)
Georgia Tech (146 spot difference)

Each of these four teams have a top 35 defense, and only UVA has a top 100 offense (7th in defense, 77th in offense)

I think the ACC is coming back down to us. There has to be 5 wins on our schedule this year.

Maryland Wake and BC are all considerably worse than the rest of the conference.

At least the Terps have some optimism in that Howard and Len will be playing in the next few days, which will bump the number of scholarship players up to 9 (and bring back one of the starters from last year).

Wow, Clemson looks terrible. Southern Illinois handing it to them right now.

Clemson in OT. Ugly game. Clemson did make a nice comeback to tie it.

It seems like Bennett has trouble keeping his best players, at least from the outside

Harrell had a pretty good freshman campaign. Pretty terrible start to his soph year.

Back