• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If not Petersen (Boise), PSU on the record as interested in Grobe

I guess I find it hard to believe that PSU can't land Petersen, but if PSU goes after Grobe, he is gone.

$2.5 million and 6 wins and win-starved WFU fans love him.

$3.0 million and 6 wins @ PSU and fans will want to burn down his house and shoot his dog.

You make the call. Grobe is on the Gravy Train. He isn't going to budge.

ETA: If he does leave for PSU, Lobo will be exposed the first month.

I mean...that'd suck but no one could blame him for going to Penn State if that does in fact happen

Didn't I read somewhere that Grobe said this past week on the Dave Glenn Show that he was "good for one more stop"? Maybe I dreamed that.

Didn't I read somewhere that Grobe said this past week on the Dave Glenn Show that he was "good for one more stop"? Maybe I dreamed that.

Yeah, it was on the Glenn show he said he just didn't know where it would be if he had one more in him. I would think Penn State has to be his dream job.

I can't imagine PSU fans being real happy with the hire if they took Grobe, but I would never blame him for taking the job. From a "clean image" standpoint, PSU couldn't do much better.

I'm not sure I'd blame him either -- it might be literally the only job in the country I could say that for. -sigh-

Fascinating to see how this unfolds. I definitely agree that Petersen would be nuts not to go to PSU.

It's a good match if Grobe wants to deal with the baggage. If it goes well at Penn State, Grobe could stay there for another 10+ years at least.

I don't trust Wellman to make a decent hire though. He'd probably just promote from within. If we get lucky, it's Billings. If we don't, it's Lobo. I'm guessing everyone who doesn't get a promotion (i.e. Galloway or Elrod to OC) would head to Penn State.

Good to see an update on the Penn State position.

I can't help but wonder who here would complain if RW gave him a raise big enough to stay here (if possible).

Surely a lot of people since the 2.5 million is worth bitching over 10 times a week.

It's a good match if Grobe wants to deal with the baggage. If it goes well at Penn State, Grobe could stay there for another 10+ years at least.

I don't trust Wellman to make a decent hire though. He'd probably just promote from within. If we get lucky, it's Billings. If we don't, it's Lobo. I'm guessing everyone who doesn't get a promotion (i.e. Galloway or Elrod to OC) would head to Penn State.

If Ron Wellman hired Steed Lobotzke as the head coach then I would stop posting on the boards.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Petersen turns down the job. It's a great job, but he's certainly been offered great jobs before.

Hope Grobe doesn't leave though. I would be surprised if any school would give him the level of autonomy he has at Wake.

If Ron Wellman hired Steed Lobotzke as the head coach then I would stop posting on the boards.

I would suggest we have a hostile takeover of the athletic department Iran hostage crisis style.

I would suggest we have a hostile takeover of the athletic department Iran hostage crisis style.

Seriously. That would be just about the only thing that I can think of that would make me turn on Ron Wellman in the near future.

I would be happy with Billings, but I really don't see Wellman hiring anyone already on staff. If he does and he tries to promote Lobo, then our fanbase will lose it.

I think Wellman has a pulse on the Wake fanbase enough to know that there would be a mutiny on his hands if he tried to promote Lobo.

I think Wellman has a pulse on the Wake fanbase enough to know that there would be a mutiny on his hands if he tried to promote Lobo.

This is the same person who hired Jeff Bzdelick, Jim Caldwell and fired the most successful baseball coach in WFU history.

I don't know what I'd do if we hired lobo. It'll be tough if we do.

Back